Active Topics

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton
the one everyone got last week..... I had one on 16th Feb, but nothing since

Im on 2.2009.51-1.205.1_PR_205

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
what update are you waiting for ? i am on vodafone and have had the latest one for about 3 months now/
Either you're way behind on updates, or are exaggerating. The last firmware came out for global/US users about a month ago. The generic UK firmware came out this last week, and the Vodafone UK firmware has still not been released. Note that the Vodafone UK firmware will probably only be installed if you got the phone directly from Vodafone.

Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Me too!!!
I had a feeling last night and cleared my rootfs in anticipation!
pls how does one clear his rootfs?

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
1. Do a backup
2. Remove lots of apps
3. ota firmware upgrade now works
4. Do a restore
5. Be happy

A bit of a hassle, but I guess that's the drawback of installing from devel/testing

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Either you're way behind on updates, or are exaggerating. The last firmware came out for global/US users about a month ago. The generic UK firmware came out this last week, and the Vodafone UK firmware has still not been released. Note that the Vodafone UK firmware will probably only be installed if you got the phone directly from Vodafone.
i got my phone from mobiles.co.uk on vodafone and i have definatly had the update 3.2010.02.8 for over a month maybe not 3 months but it seems that long.probably 2 months. so how can i be behind on updates you say about a month ago what was the exact date befor you say im exaggerating i think i know my phone.

Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
i got my phone from mobiles.co.uk on vodafone and i have definatly had the update 3.2010.02.8 for over a month maybe not 3 months but it seems that long.probably 2 months. so how can i be behind on updates you say about a month ago what was the exact date befor you say im exaggerating i think i know my phone.
According to posts here 16th Feb 2010, so a little over 1 month. If you had that update then, then you're running with the global firmware.

I'm on Vodafone and i've still not had the update (quite frustrating really).

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by mr yoda View Post
I'm on Vodafone and i've still not had the update (quite frustrating really).
That's one of the reasons a lot of people didn't go for a vedor specific release. One of the prices you pay for a subsidised model.

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
I know my phone is the vodafone variant (205.1) and i've still not had the update as many similar users have pointed out.
Aslong as this is addressed in the new update everyone is waiting for then im happy to wait. However im having problems updating my ukeyboard and simple brightness apps and im thinkin this has something to do with the firmware i have

Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
I know my phone is the vodafone variant (205.1) and i've still not had the update as many similar users have pointed out.
Aslong as this is addressed in the new update everyone is waiting for then im happy to wait. However im having problems updating my ukeyboard and simple brightness apps and im thinkin this has something to do with the firmware i have
If you're getting the error about the libhildon1 version, then it won't be fixed by the PR1.1.1 firmware - it needs PR1.2 (so everyone's getting the same error currently).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post: