Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
ooo the baiting game ....

please me too ..... I wanna play

:-)

rgds
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
http://gerbick.com/images/popcorn.gif
Well, it's gotten too quiet here lately. Mind you, I realize this is a MAEMO forum and thus it's natural for it to be as quiet as the grave now, but still... let's at least TRY.. Besides, Specc was just so sure of his predictions while everyone was just so sure he was full of crap. Just wanted to see if he had any opinions, assuming he had the man-parts to stick around. Some citing of statistics and facts might even be in order this time around, I'd hope!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Wasn't Specc just a new post-ban username for the artist previously known as Ericcson?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Wasn't Specc just a new post-ban username for the artist previously known as Ericcson?
Indeed....

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I liked specc. A bit to intense at times but spot on when it came to fanboyism and distorted world view that few hold here.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Anyways, MS is the only growing OS these days and I think they have a good product but that is not enough in this ultra competitive days. Jolla really has no chance whatsoever. It has no brand presence anywhere, is not even a blip on google trends and overall a leaderless bunch of not sure whos.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Wow really? So... he picked a dying company's name, stood up for that dying company until it no longer existed, changed his name, this time sided with Elop and Lumia to make wildly incorrect predictions of their success and then slowly, quietly began to disappear again along with Nokia's Lumia brand and their popularity? Sucks to be so dedicated to a particular brand that can't deliver.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
He was/is swedish.

Ericsson is just about the most swedish name around. Very possible that the original username had nothing to do with the Ericsson corporation. But yeah, he was pretty much the most hardcore Nokia fan ever. No matter what Nokia, the love and defense was never ending.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Anyways, MS is the only growing OS these days
Android market share Q2 2012: 64%
Android market share Q2 2013: 79%
Isn't that growth?

I read just this morning that Android tablets had seen 240% growth YoY in Western Europe. iPads were down 9%.

Jolla really has no chance whatsoever. It has no brand presence anywhere, is not even a blip on google trends
As Jolla's primary focus is China perhaps you should be checking Baidu, Qihoo So or Sogou. Google is but a mere tiddler in China with about 4% market share.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Anyways, MS is the only growing OS these days
http://xkcd.com/1102/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I actually start like lumiatroll

keep going in the thread, with your garbage, and kill TMO!

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-10-04 at 22:05.

Tags
espionage, trojan man