I made the mistake of attempting to install earlier versions which did appear via the app menu once i added your repository. I have a botched slide rotate install and cannot remove it or update it. sliderotatesettings is a dead link. I assume I should re-install everything, but cannot get to a point where I can do that.
Any assistance is greatly appreciates.

redebord
nokia n810 diablo latest kernel

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Poland / Bialystok
Give me my "power button" menu back!
I disabled usage of power button to change orientation but still don't have standard power-button menu. How can I enable "offline mode" then?

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by XTC View Post
Give me my "power button" menu back!
I disabled usage of power button to change orientation but still don't have standard power-button menu. How can I enable "offline mode" then?
Press the button twice.

The Following User Says Thank You to emjayes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by redebord View Post
I made the mistake of attempting to install earlier versions which did appear via the app menu once i added your repository. I have a botched slide rotate install and cannot remove it or update it. sliderotatesettings is a dead link. I assume I should re-install everything, but cannot get to a point where I can do that.
Any assistance is greatly appreciates.

redebord
nokia n810 diablo latest kernel
What happens if you go to Application manager - > Check for updates.

Do you see a newer version of sliderotate?
Try updating that.

If not, go to Show installed apps, click sliderotate to uninstall it, then go to Browse installable applications and reinstall it.

If these steps fail, you will need to fix your repositories by going to xterm, and type:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install -f
apt-get update 
apt-get install --reinstall sliderotate
that should do it.

Of course you will need to have either becomeroot, rootsh or other package providing root access unless your device is in r&d mode, which it probably is not.

I hate it when people ask questions in private messages, and don't keep their mailbox clean so I can reply.

Anyway, here is the correspondence, in case it may interest anyone else.:

Originally Posted by dxitt
Originally Posted by emjayes
Originally Posted by dxitt
Hi, Since I consider to purchase an n810 wimax, I'd like to check with you, the expert, if the patched kernel and procedures that work on regular n810 diablo will also work on the wimax edition? Please let me know.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

-DX
As I don't have access to a Wimax edition, I have not been able to test it, but AFAIK it should work.

Basically the only difference between a regular and Wimax versions are the extra radio for Wimax, which may be the only component not working if problems arise. You can fix this easily by reflashing with the original kernel if necessary.

Go ahead, buy one and let me know how it works for you.

Even if it didn't work, you will not break it by trying.
will do that and let you know.
Btw, do you think sliderotate can be affected by regular OS update in application manager? I'm concerned that kernel update may mess up m system cuz sliderotate applied a patched kernel and everything that works with it.

Thanks.
Please, use this thread for your questions, most of them are already replied to there.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=19447
So I don't have to answer the same questions over and over again.

Yes, SSU will screw the sliderotate, that's why there is a (re)install xrandr-kernel -button in the sliderotatesettings.

emjayes...thx for the reply.

Yes, I do see the latest slide rotate (0.0.27) in the update list, but I get the "unable to update" error and no details. I have tried to remove it from installed apps and I get a message "unable to remove". the icon in app manager shows it as a busted app. I have tried to remove all apps that i know were associated with it as well assuming there was some leftover dependency...no luck.
Let me try the xterm scripts and see if that works.

Thanks...

Originally Posted by redebord View Post
emjayes...thx for the reply.

Yes, I do see the latest slide rotate (0.0.27) in the update list, but I get the "unable to update" error and no details. I have tried to remove it from installed apps and I get a message "unable to remove". the icon in app manager shows it as a busted app. I have tried to remove all apps that i know were associated with it as well assuming there was some leftover dependency...no luck.
Let me try the xterm scripts and see if that works.

Thanks...
Tried the above scripts. Did find in that process that I am missing xrandr. Also, the above process did not work to remove/reinstall sliderotate. Still have broken app and the icon in Extras does nothing so I can get to a point to re-install xrandr. Short of reflashing...I am at a loss on other option to remove the bugged install. I did fond a descent walkthrough for getting xrandr and will try that tonight.

http://mikie.dy.fi/maemo/dists/diabl....2-0_armel.deb
this is the one that you already should have. Try downloading and installing it.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
Hi Emjayes, I love sliderotate. But I <i>think</i> I'm having some problems with it. It's been working fine for weeks now, even after that Diablo update, but just recently, the screen started acting up after about 5 mins after rotation. Every few seconds, it flickers completely black. This might be a problem with the brightness/volume app, or something totaly unrelated, like hardware failure (God, please no). I need some more time to troubleshoot though. Has anyone else been having problems with this?

.27 is working great -- thanks for the constant improvements!