Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by rone View Post
I have been unable to get the latest version to install after updating my tablets. I have both a 800 and 810. They both had minigpsd installed before the latest SSU update.

Now on both them I have bluez-utils 3.28-Oosso6.

bluez-utils-test 3.28-Oosso4 will not install because it requires bluez-utils (= 3.28-Oosso4)

I have played with various repositories and can not find any other version of bluez-utils-test.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I have tried the various apt-gets and reboots mentioned previously and nothing has helped.

I did some more testing with my SD images and I think your may be the same . Check under your installed apps and search for " mini " if the old minigpsd-setup is there remove it ..after removing that minigpsd installed fine . I just tested this and it works .. Just remove anything that is install for mini gpsd and reinstall from the lastest one . Under tools in app man . clean your log and then reinstall minigpsd if it fails reead your log and see what errors your geting.

I was having the bluez-utils-test problem, and I've never installed minigpsd before. I had to uninstall bluez-utils-test for the SSU and was unable to reinstall it afterwards. Anyway, something must have changed in the repo, as I've just installed minigpsd and bluez-utils-test got pulled in automatically, so all is now good.

Hope it works for you too.

fnordn
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

I'm working on it. Nokia updated their directory friday so you can get the deb from http://repository.maemo.org/pool/dia...sso6_armel.deb and I'm working on moving it to extras-devel and to extras

The bluez-utils-test update should be available in extras-devel now. If it fixes the problems, I'll move it to extras.

Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
The bluez-utils-test update should be available in extras-devel now. If it fixes the problems, I'll move it to extras.
I did get minigpsd to install. It failed on my first try with the same error. I then ran an apt-get update and disabled the meamo extras repository. The minigpsd intall then ran fine.

Thanks!

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Munich, Germany
I got 31b to install as well.

The strange thing is that I can't see any OBD traces in the saved kmz files, even though I have enabled the two checkboxes ("OBD" and "On") on the "Advanced" tab. Carmand worked fine with my ELM adapter.

From "harley.c", I assume that I should see at least a "PDMSG" for unidentified OBD messages, is that true?

Regards,
Hakan

1. You need version 0.31pre0c or later for OBD2 support.
2. You need to have it paired with Harley OFF but OBD ON.
3. It will save the responses (if any) as a kml comment with a stream of hex digits, typically beginning with a 41 and the PID.

1. The ELM device will show as connected with the bluetooth statusbar applet if minigpsd/miniobd2d is running and attempting to pull data.
2. Starting miniobd2d from the command line (not as root!) will show what it is attempting to do. You can use strace to see more detail.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Munich, Germany
1. You need version 0.31pre0c or later for OBD2 support.
2. You need to have it paired with Harley OFF but OBD ON.
3. It will save the responses (if any) as a kml comment with a stream of hex digits, typically beginning with a 41 and the PID.

1. The ELM device will show as connected with the bluetooth statusbar applet if minigpsd/miniobd2d is running and attempting to pull data.
2. Starting miniobd2d from the command line (not as root!) will show what it is attempting to do. You can use strace to see more detail.
So which one is newer / better ? From the "last modified" of the source packages, I would have thought that 31b is newer (*slaps on head*, sees the wrong thread...)

Sorry, I'll continue any other responses in the -31 thread...

Regards,
Hakan

0.31b is newer. That is why I said 0.31pre0c OR LATER in the original response, but I don't know what appeared in the updates or repositories and when. I can only push them into the queue.

On getting gpsgate to work -
  • minigpsd 0.31e
  • GPS location working
  • Created account at gpsgate.com
  • Made up IMEI number, 11 digit phone number of mine
  • Using UDP
  • Entered IMEI # correctly in minigpsd

But, still doesn't update on the gpsgate.com user page.

Any information to help me? Does the IMEI number need to be a certain number of digits?

Tags
gps, obd2