Active Topics

Notices

still looking forward to a fat, thumbable scrollbar on car view, or the ability to seek within a file via hardware buttons. also, i'm trying to figure out the media bookmark function--is there a way to have mb open automatically to a bookmark (ie, open to the same point in the same file that i was listening to)? or is this more a visual thing, where i still have to know which file i bookmarked, open it, and then go to the bookmark?

The Following User Says Thank You to nola mike For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by nola mike View Post
still looking forward to a fat, thumbable scrollbar on car view, or the ability to seek within a file via hardware buttons. also, i'm trying to figure out the media bookmark function--is there a way to have mb open automatically to a bookmark (ie, open to the same point in the same file that i was listening to)? or is this more a visual thing, where i still have to know which file i bookmarked, open it, and then go to the bookmark?
The thumbable scrollbar is indeed planned for 0.96.5, and seeking with hardware buttons is on my TODO list as well.

Bookmarking is currently per file only, but maybe a way to browse all bookmarked files with bookmarks would be nice. Then you could directly select a bookmark and jump there.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
The thumbable scrollbar is indeed planned for 0.96.5, and seeking with hardware buttons is on my TODO list as well.

Bookmarking is currently per file only, but maybe a way to browse all bookmarked files with bookmarks would be nice. Then you could directly select a bookmark and jump there.
great, i'm looking forward to it--navigating while driving (or biking, as is my case a lot of times) is difficult with the current interface. yes, a big problem with the current bookmark is that you have to know where to look for it. i use it on many similarly named voice recordings (named and split by time), which makes this difficult. is there a way to make mb save the current playlist position automatically, so that on restart it opens the same file/same position/same playlist that was playing on shutdown? the default media app has this behavior (except that it opens at the beginning of the stream that was playing, and not at a specific point). that might make random play better as well, as it could remember which songs had already been played...

I'm sure its been suggested before, but how about a progress bar for youtube downloads? You've included the option to save .flv's, but i never know when they are done downloading!

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Paris, France
Version 0.96.5 looks very promising, according to the latest svn stuff

The Following User Says Thank You to Krazybat For This Useful Post:
i disabled that svn stuff i think I will put it back to stay current so far the development can be rated good progress.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Originally Posted by ukjeeper View Post
I'm sure its been suggested before, but how about a progress bar for youtube downloads? You've included the option to save .flv's, but i never know when they are done downloading!
This sounds helpful.
I'm thinking of a way to put it into the GUI.

I'm having an issue with the tags that I don't think anyone in this Thread has reported (it's a little long, so I might have missed it)

For a couple of albums, the Artist is reported incorrectly for the different tracks so that in Artist View it come out as a bunch of separate artists:

The
The P
The Pi
The Pix
The Pixie
The Pixies

The Album is correct so they all appear together in the Album view.

I've checked the Tags - all correct and all v1 only.
They're all in the same folder and have the same naming convention.
I tried deleting the indexes and Mediabox regenerated them the exact same way.

In spite of this, I still love the program, thanks for making it.

Originally Posted by kstromjensen View Post
For a couple of albums, the Artist is reported incorrectly for the different tracks so that in Artist View it come out as a bunch of separate artists:

The
The P
The Pi
The Pix
The Pixie
The Pixies

I've checked the Tags - all correct and all v1 only.
ID3v1 tags are stored in the last 128 bytes of the MP3 files. Can you provide a hexdump of these bytes?
Or alternatively, you can open a new bugreport at https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mediabox/ and attach 2 MP3 files that appear under different artists in MediaBox.

There didn't seem to be anything of interest in the hex data, so I opened a tracker.

There are two mp3s attached, tell me if you need more.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to kstromjensen For This Useful Post:

Tags
fmradio, mediabox, upnp, youtube