Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
I have had the same email from MPD
I'm holding off for the moment, but if anyone else gets a n900 in their hands before me, then Im emailing them straight back....

Looks like we're all standing on the top!

/me holds onto the railing.... it's a long way down!

Originally Posted by mcderment View Post
According to my email from MPD I am at the top of the dispatch list too, I wonder how many people are at the top.
Presumably as many as there are phones due in the initial shipment. I do remember reading on here that MPD told someone that they had had a lot of preorders, but that they would be able to fulfil them all at launch. It would be interesting to know if anyone got an email that didn't say they're at the top though?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Richmond, UK
Hi,

Thinking on going with MPD Vodafone as T-mobile contracts are no more available with them.

Anyone knows for sure (based on experience) what happens if you exceed the "unlimited" 500MB limit and what are the actual restrictions on using the Vodafone network (skype, etc.)? Do they notify you as soon as you are close to the 500MB and what happens next?

How is their 3G central London coverage?

Cheers

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by hass View Post
i am not sure what this does to the topcashback offer as basically Nokia had to cancel the previous order...
I also had to reconfirm, although as I only used the two legitimate vouchers they are still being accepted. But the order number has changed, and I'm sure TopCashback will register the original order as cancelled.

The corporation always seems to win against the individual. In this case, Nokia doesn't pay the legitimate negotiated rebate to TopCashback, and TopCashback doesn't pay the legitimate negotiated rebate to me. It sucks.

Regards,
Roger

The Following User Says Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Amazon.co.uk will be shipping the N900 on 2nd of November. Just days away. Did anyone order through Amazon ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-N900-M...6831236&sr=8-1

I'm really getting quite frustrated with all the to-ing and fro-ing over this n900.

I've wanted a new phone for quite a while now as my old contract finished last month, but have been holding back and waiting for the n900, only to keep reading about more delays.

And just as it seems we can 'expect' a mid November release date in the UK - the bloody t-mobile deals disappear!

Originally Posted by hass View Post
Unfortunately Nokia have said they will only honour 30% off the phone and as a gesture of good will could knock off £5 for the battery.

I politely declined the battery discount but the N900 is now costing me £331.83 inc vat and free delivery.
That's more than 30% off the original £499.99 price. Are you sure that is right?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
The discounts codes were 15% each - the website had a 'Feature' until Nokia chnaged it that meant codes were applied cumulatively. Make sense?

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
The discounts codes were 15% each - the website had a 'Feature' until Nokia chnaged it that meant codes were applied cumulatively. Make sense?
Maybe I'm being stupid, but I can't see how that makes it £331.83, it should be either £349.30 or £360.53 depending how you want to calculate it

Edit: Another thread has been started, was the £331.83 price a typo?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...818#post360818

Last edited by matikjn; 2009-10-29 at 16:34.

Tags
£306!!