yea i see them now. but the widget still isnt working for me, is there a diagnostic that i could run to copy here?

Originally Posted by shady View Post
yea i see them now. but the widget still isnt working for me, is there a diagnostic that i could run to copy here?
i dont think there is a dignostic, btw u shouldve run it as root otherwise it will give u syntax error. run it as root and it should try to open dbus_connection_get_data() should be NULL since there is no query submitted.

i am not a developer of ussd widget but to my understanding if its trying to open connection widget is on the right track

i would highly recommend reinstalling pexpect, ussd-common, ussd-widget. Configure widget, only puy ussd number plus also put max. width to abt 25. Just to make sure some sort of response is calibrated within widget box. This might be causing error now that i think abt it.

also ussd code has nothing to do with which country or service u r using, its only submitting and recieving messages, as long as your service provider provides this functionality. most of asia and european countries use ussd codes to check balance eg.

DO NOT run is as a root. dbus connection error is an error and means, that it will not work. This problen newer happens from normal user.
Sintax error on first launsh is normal! You don't have number entered yet. Configure widget, click on it, look what happens and look to the output.
By the way, do not vhange language from unspecified if you are not shure. Unspecified should work always, other languages only if they are supported by operator.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by joelus View Post
I use ussd-pad for menu systems which sort of works - see my post in this thread here.
I haven't really kept up with this thread so I don't know if ussd-pad is still being worked on or not, emphasis appears to be on the widgit...
There haven't been updates for ussd-pad yet as I was busy with other stuff. But updates will come.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
There haven't been updates for ussd-pad yet as I was busy with other stuff. But updates will come.
By the way, there is new type of communication (interactive) with ussdquery.py, which should be used in ussd-pad for guaranting correct behavoir of ussd menu. This implemented in ussd-common 0.0.6, but it got lost somewhere in autobuilder.
P.S. People asked for bigger area for replyes with word wrap.

The Following User Says Thank You to KiberGus For This Useful Post:
Hi KiberGus,

Up to a few days ago I had this working, using Marshall Banana's hack of ussdquery.py :
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=101

Since the last couple of updates it has stopped working. I suspect this is again due to the non-ascii character in the reply, as testig from the command line outputs this :

Name:  screenshot03.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  26.9 KB

Should I patch ussdquery.py again, or is this supposed to be working in the latest version ?...

TIA,
fpp

2 Fpp. I missed that Marshall Banana's comment. I dislike patching, so fixing the problem is a more preferred way. But sujjected fix would break all other encodings, so we need to understand:
1) Is this reply standard complient
2) Does it work with other phones
3) How they understand, what encoding is used
4) How to include this fix without breaking everything.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
hi KiberGus/Niqbal
just a ques. i hav only installed ussd widget..and reading from one of the posts abv do i also need to install pexpect and ussd-common as well? if yes, are they both available in extras-devel? currently i hv only ussd widget installed and whenever i run it i get an error

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by KiberGus View Post
For debugging run widget from X-terminal
python /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/ussd-widget.py
It echoes all errors there.
ok i used this line and run the widget from command line and it worked. it created a new widget and i configured it and here was my balance..thanksa lot for help
it wasnt working earlier when i had installed the package

Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
Hi,

i installed the ussd-pad and the ussd-widget from the garage site:
pexpect_2.3.0-1_all.deb
ussd-common_0.0.0-3_all.deb
ussd-pad_2010.01.07_armel.deb
ussd-widget_0.0.3-0_all.deb

Out of the box, they did not work for me as my provider (medion mobile) answers to requests with a cp850 encoded message but with decoding scheme unspecified.

Example:
Code:
at
OK
at+cusd=1,"*100#",15
+CUSD: 0,"Ihr Guthaben f\x81r die Nr.491234567890 betr\x84gt 13.53 Euro",15
As the answer contains non-ascii characters gsmdecode.py crashes when called by ussdquery.py. I modified ussdquery.py so that it converts the answer to utf8 and directly outputs to stdout. I had to open stdout as "wb" to output unicode because otherwise python tries to encode the string to ascii.
Hw did u edit the file?? i cant save the file after editing

Tags
dial, dialing, lack of phone features, lack of quality control, sms, telephony, ussd