Active Topics

Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
We can't. Different team is responsible for this. What are your problems with Nokia Messaging? I can send the corresponding team a link to this thread.
here it is:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=35648

Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Or another way to ask the question, does the N900 support any policies at all?
No. It does not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Any updates as to what i can do to make MfE work.

I tried the certificate option no luck. its becoming a bit of a pain i really want to use the N900 as my only device but the lack of MfE is causing issues.

anyone know of any workaround or is there anyother Email client that may work or is being worked on like Roadsync?

Should another thread be created which only explains how users have managed to make MfE work, literally like

option 1 try XYZ
option 2 try ABC
etc...

I have a strange issue regarding the mail for exchange on my new n900.
I have searched around but could not find anything on this topic.

I set up the mail for exchange account. It looks okay, but when i start up the initial syncronisation it almost finishes the first step. And the it just stops there. No error message or any thing..

The exchange server does not give me any error ether.
In the list of mobile devices on the exchange server it says last sync ok.

The strange thing is that all my calendar items and contacts are after some minutes sync´ed to my n900. So it looks like everything is working but the wizard is not finishing.

I have a nokia e75, e66, e52 and a htc running windows mobile and all these are working fine.
I´m using exchange server 2007.

Anyone else experience this issue or have a work around?

Last edited by retric; 2009-12-02 at 20:04. Reason: spelling ;)

If your company currently supports OWA then can't you just setup your MfE account using that address and login credentials? I do that on my E71 currently with both MfE and Seven. I don't have my N900 yet so I can't verify but could be something to try?

Originally Posted by retric View Post
I set up the mail for exchange account. It looks okay, but when i start up the initial syncronisation it almost finishes the first step. And the it just stops there. No error message or any thing..
Could you file a bug to https://bugs.maemo.org/ and attach logs?

The procedure to take the logs: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5597#c26

Thank you in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Vitaly,

Is it possible to add an option to MfE to accept the certificate anyway just like iPhone MfE client?

The Following User Says Thank You to bjoya For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bjoya View Post
Vitaly,

Is it possible to add an option to MfE to accept the certificate anyway just like iPhone MfE client?
Personally I like the idea to have this option but I am not sure our security guys will like it.

I will send them the link to your post.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kalim13 View Post
Any updates as to what i can do to make MfE work.

I tried the certificate option no luck. its becoming a bit of a pain i really want to use the N900 as my only device but the lack of MfE is causing issues.

anyone know of any workaround or is there anyother Email client that may work or is being worked on like Roadsync?

Should another thread be created which only explains how users have managed to make MfE work, literally like

option 1 try XYZ
option 2 try ABC
etc...
Kalim probably good to say how you are getting access to your corporate exchange servers at the moment. ie are you using MfE on an E90? if so did the E90 pull down a cert on first connect (my E71 does this).

If not where did you get the Cert from in the first place? It sounds like you need to get past getting this Cert installed before N900 MfE will connect to server, as Exchange 2007 needs an encrypted link and thus needs Certs in place

The Following User Says Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
MikeC,

I'm still in the process of obtaining the Cert from the exchange admin team.

Yes my E90/MfE is working perfectly fine and i am assuming it pulled down the cert automatically when it first sync'd.

I downloaded the Cert from outlook web acccess although when i save a copy to my PC it doesn't ask what format i would like to save it as.

i guess i have to wait for the admin team to send it to me.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!