Notices

I just updated, all of a sudden Stratagus 0.1-4 is gone and Wargus finally runs, why can't I have both???

So I have to choose between Starcraft and Warcraft 2?

Last edited by xxxxts; 2010-06-24 at 11:40.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Tried all advice on here, looked through every post and have done all that is needed.

Downloaded wargus for the windows PC as the instructions for use on my ubuntu desktop, are less than uselsss. It talks of using a CD and requiring a separate download for stratagus if you follow the readme. So went with this forums instructions. (which is a shame as my asus 1000 could really do with some games but installing on that is a no no with current instructions. What exactly is ./build? What kind of instruction is that?

Anyway I digress.

Copied the CD files after extracting using wargus on windows PC. did it for both expansion and basic files.

Copied onto phones MMC in the correct path.

Installed wargus using the app manager, clicked download and because it uses the extras devel' had to wait the extra half an hour because it always turns my N900 into an etch a sketch.

FINALLY was able to then click on icon. Takes five seconds of black screen and drops to desktop.

I haven't got sudo gainroot as I haven't enabled RD, so at the moment it is just files ripped from the original CD and the wargus app downloaded.

Anything other ideas that doesn't include massive amounts of command line editing?

I thought all N900's were the same phone, the same hardware. Seems odd so many people have difficulty. Anyone got it working after downloading from the extras-devel repository. Or most people using .deb files, which I just can't get my head round installing from. On a PC or the phone.

Just installed and tried it, didnt play a round but the whole interface looks well... the idea just sucks, that ive got to downgrade all my tactics from broodwar to sc back!
Is there a way to play Broodwar with Wine or so? Or would the only one be to install Win in a Dosbox?!

I can't load savegames. It worked once or twice, but now I'm stuck with crashes when loading my savegames. Why?

If you are using new version of stratagus and wargus from extras-devel repository, this is OK. New version of stratagus has fixed load/save support and it has changed format for saving games. So old saves are not compatible.

See info in thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60678

Last edited by pali; 2010-10-13 at 14:44.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Sorry for being off-topic Pali but, what is the status of Stargus? I can't find too much information about it here in the forums or in Launchpad.

Stargus is hosted on LP too: https://launchpad.net/stargus I fixed some lua script to run it with new Stratagus (you can get bzr branch). But Stargus has no support for campaign and not for a lot of units. Next startool (program for extracting data from original Starcraft CD) is possible to compile only on 32bit processors (no problem with N900 - 32bit armel).

Writing scripts and converting maps from original campaign is too boring and spends a lot of time... and I play Wargus only for campaign. So I have no motivation to develop Stargus.

I can release Stargus packages for Windows, Ubuntu and Maemo but only playable mode is single player (with multiplayer mode is problem in engine Stratagus). It works fine now, you only need extract data from original Starcraft CD on 32bit comuter.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
If you are using new version of stratagus and wargus from extras-devel repository, this is OK. New version of stratagus has fixed load/save support and it has changed format for saving games. So old saves are not compatible.

See info in thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60678
To be more precise, I've the problem with a savegame I just made. I save the game, quit to menu, and load the game: no problem.
When I save, quit Wargus, start it again and load savegame: crash.
In the meantime I haven't updated. I will try to get the bug again and give more info. Thanks in advance!

A lot of bugs was fixed in new version. First install/upgrade to last version from extras-devel.

I've installed the update, and it's working good (until now).