Notices

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
I just got my Snatcher sega CD image to run audio with MP3. Found a great guide that even I could follow:

http://www.segacd.org/rip-iso.html

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Right now 30mins of play take down about 1.5bars of battery. Is there going to be optimization?
Okay, checked with Conky and Sonic3. The CPU usage is at 100%. So, reducing the FPS to 30 pictures per second at maximum could reduce the CPU usage. But the Display illumination is still there. And this is one of the biggest battery consumer. Use the "Simple Brightness Applet" form Maemo Extras. You can reduce the illumination and you can play even longer.

The key pad lights are always on when gaming. If one was to take off the keypad lights it would last even longer.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 319 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Barcelona, Spain
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
I'm over the moon that SegaCD games are now supported and the ones that I've ripped to .iso from my own collection work without a hitch.

But I still don't have CD Audio in the games. I've ripped the music tracks from the Game Disc to mp3 and placed them in a folder with the parent game's .iso file.

In the case, the game is Snatcher. So I've got the .iso called "Snatcher.iso" and put it into it's own folder.

The mp3 files are in the same folder and I've tried several naming schema's: (this example is for the logo track, first on the disc, but listed as 02 on the discs track listing):

Snatcher-02.mp3
Snatcher_02.mp3
Snatcher02.mp3
Snatcher 02.mp3
Snatcher-02
Snatcher_02
02.mp3
2.mp3

Nothing has worked. Should I be naming them differently? I used a CD ripping program that seams to have automatically edited the .id3 tag as it created the mp3 file, could the inclusion of mp3 metadata screwed the pooch?

I've only used the desktop Kega emulator before for Sega CD and Kega doesn't require mp3 audio as it can read everything straight from the .iso/.cue file. However I've heard that the desktop gens emulator requires a similar conversion of audio to mp3 for it to play. Has anyone gotten mp3 audio to work in either picodrive or gens?

Any help would be awesome.
The first 4 names of your list are allowed, the rest aren't. Audio tracks start at #2 (#1 is the data track, the game itself) so everything seems right.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javicq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
I just got my Snatcher sega CD image to run audio with MP3. Found a great guide that even I could follow:

http://www.segacd.org/rip-iso.html
here is a screen of how final fight file names are.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Whoa you people are really taking this up one level with that Sega CD stuff.

I never got around to getting aquainted with Sega CD so I just have this one thing in mind about MegaDrive/Genesis emulation: Are there plans to optimize battery usage of the emulator? Right now 30mins of play take down about 1.5bars of battery. Is there going to be optimization?

By no means do I mean that the battery consumption would be particularly high , just asking out of intererst.
There's little CPU usage optimization left to be done, at least in the most CPU intensive tasks. I suppose I could try moving all screen scaling code to ARM assembler, but I doubt we'll see huge benefits from that. CD audio playback is the clearest candidate for optimization, though. I'm currently working on that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javicq For This Useful Post:
New update available.

-Added support for 2 players
-Fixed CD audio sometimes not working when resuming games.
-Mode button was missing from configurations
-Fixed showing onscreen buttons caused framerate drop.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to javicq For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by javicq View Post
New update available.

-Added support for 2 players
-Fixed CD audio sometimes not working when resuming games.
-Mode button was missing from configurations
-Fixed showing onscreen buttons caused framerate drop.
Thnx for the MODE button fix! Awesome

brilliant work

cant find this in extras or testing is it still in devel at the minute or am i just beeing a bit blind

thanks

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Alright the best got better.

And thanks for the reply to my optimization question.