Notices

Originally Posted by jonnenau View Post
You guys ready for the update promised to you months ago? No really I'm sorry I have been busy at work, a bit shamed but now one guys mailed me during the week and I reserved the weekend for coding from the girlfriend and said to myself not to play SC2 all the time (I still watched all the blizzcon2010 coverage, great games)
P.S. I need a lot of testing help on this one. The changes to the confirmation stuff were not trivial, bugs will ensue. Also there are so many scenarios to cover while testing. Of course I wont release crap without testing it at all but there will potentially be new bugs Just a heads up.
No sweat for the delay, we know these things happen :-)

Everything you describe sounds real good and should make DropN900 a great Dropbox client, obviating the need for anything else.

My account isn't very critical (I created it just for DropN900 :-), so if you need testing before release, just ask !

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
dropn900-0.1.6-1 now available as a download/update!
  • Separate confirm dialogs for upload and download
  • Options in confirmation dialogs: Download/Upload Files, Cancel, Ignore Files and for upload dialog Delete Local Files.
  • -> Delete Local Files: will remove all files that are marked as NEW FILE in known dropbox paths. If uploads still available after deletion, updates UI and reconfirms what to do. This will happen only if you have added new folders and files that are not present in the server, these you still have to delete manually if you dont want to sync them. Or just click ignore to not act on them.
  • Transfers widgets cleaned up. Sync wont create widget per sync dl/ul, but a reporting widget that will track the progress of the sync. Showing stats: time spent on upload and download, how many files uploaded/downloaded and how many left and total size of uploads/downloads. Hopefully this will bring speed to the transfers view as there are alot less items in it now.
  • Added small 'Sync Now' button to main views lower right corner. This same space will also show when a sync is in progress and the button goes away for that time.
  • Made main tree view items a little bigger with bigger font so its easier to use without stylus.
  • Internals: Much cleaner code all around for the sync ui part.

Source changes for those interested on how much work this actually was for few small features
Note: .ui and ui_*.py files are generated with Qt Designer and the uic tools.

I'm a little lost atm what would be the next bigger feature. Maybe supporting multiple paths for sync and ignore file extensions for upload and download files for sync. What is your suggerstion?

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-10-24 at 20:05.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I have problems with 0.1.5-3 with PR 1.3. The problem is that it seg faults.

I haven't tested 0.1.6-1 since it haven't been imported to Extras-devel yet. Has somebody tested 0.1.6-1 already in PR 1.3?

Originally Posted by durin_ View Post
I have problems with 0.1.5-3 with PR 1.3. The problem is that it seg faults.

I haven't tested 0.1.6-1 since it haven't been imported to Extras-devel yet. Has somebody tested 0.1.6-1 already in PR 1.3?
How do you actually segfault a python application? And I don't think PR 1.3 is out, at least if your are not a Nokia N900 team insider.

Edit: OK, so I have missed the system update alltogether, wow, just got he notification. I'll check if my app is still ok with the new firmware. I don't see why it would not work, maybe if they switched to Qt 4.7, did they?

---

On a more serious note, has anyone got this update? I tried yesterday but could not get it. Trying now again and still not showing in app manager. I did everything as before when I have released and got the ok email. Whats up?! 0.1.6-1 shows here too.

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-10-25 at 16:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post:
I don't either but that's what I get when I run "python /opt/dropn900/dropn900.py" in terminal.

And yes, PR 1.3 includes Qt 4.7

0.1.6-1 build is successful but it haven't been imported to Extras-devel like 0.1.5-3 has been.
Maybe it has something to do with 1.3 release.

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Confirming: 0.1.5-3 with PR 1.3 gives a segfault.

Until the 0.1.6-1 package is imported, it won't show up in app manager.

Frank

Hmm, well if Qt 4.6 libraries are gone from the system, the PyQt that is trying to call them will propably do a segfault in the C/C++ code. The python code cannot simply segfault as far as I know, it must be in the c++ lib code. Anyways, hang on while I try to solve this. We might in fact need to wait for the 4.7 PyQt bindings to come out before any of the maemo py apps utilizing them will work.

khweeteur depend on python2.5-qt4-gui, python2.5-qt4-core, python2.5-qt4-maemo5, python-oauth2, python-simplejson, python-conic, python-imaging and it works so the problem might be in python-dropbox-client, python-dbus or python-gobject.

A little of topic SyncEvolution like DropN900 no longer works since todays firmware update, if anyone has any ideas .....

As this I use everyday even more so than DropN900

thanks

Wow, you had me scared for a while there... but SyncEvolution still seems to work for me !

DropN900 also fails here though. I don't think it's Qt-related: PR1.3 still has Qt 4.6.2, and other things like GRead and SnXM still run fine. I'm guessing a system lib, or some other Python binding (Hildon, libconic ?).

USSD Query seems to be gone, too, that's a hassle...