Notices

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
suddenly it works, i reinstalled ovi suite including some new update.. dont know what was the problem. works now with google earth thanks
Great, so now we know it works on a Windows system with Google Earth!

I'm gonna have to try this myself, the neat thing is it'll charge when connected via USB too

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
to bypass that, you could start lots of applications on your N900. that gives me t he message "not enough power, not loading" or something, on my N900

another hint: when i had "autostart usb" turned on, it didnt work. I start it manually now and that way it works.

Last edited by tebsu; 2011-01-19 at 06:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to tebsu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
to bypass that, you could start lots of applications on your N900. that gives me t he message "not enough power, not loading" or something, on my N900

another hint: when i had "autostart usb" turned on, it didnt work. I start it manually now and that way it works.
That's very good to know, I'll have to look into that. Auto start will only work if you start Columbus after you've connected it to a host in PC suite mode.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
At first - thank you for creating this application - cool user interface and providing just the GPS information I'd like to get.

However, it seems to be a little unstable at moment. Sometimes it crashes just after getting GPS fix. Sometimes it works some minutes and then crashes. But today I was able to run it about a half an hour without any problems. I know, it is bad scenario for debugging, when the crash condition is not reproducible. Is there anything I could check to find a reason for such apparent "random" crashes?

Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
That's what I'm aiming at, it already has a Nautical units mode in the options menu
As of nautical navigation - I'd like to have a kind of anchor alarm. For example - when the coordinates change more that 2x anchor chain/rope length then an audible alarm sounds...

Keep up your good work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
At first - thank you for creating this application - cool user interface and providing just the GPS information I'd like to get.

However, it seems to be a little unstable at moment. Sometimes it crashes just after getting GPS fix. Sometimes it works some minutes and then crashes. But today I was able to run it about a half an hour without any problems. I know, it is bad scenario for debugging, when the crash condition is not reproducible. Is there anything I could check to find a reason for such apparent "random" crashes?
I think what I'll have to do is create a debug build outside of extras and those of you that know what they're doing attempt to debug it with gdb for me

Originally Posted by acrux View Post
As of nautical navigation - I'd like to have a kind of anchor alarm. For example - when the coordinates change more that 2x anchor chain/rope length then an audible alarm sounds...
That's a nice idea, I'll keep it in mind.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Released a new version (0.9.3-1) into extras-devel, for those that are brave, please test and give feedback. I'll again have a short quarantine period whilst I do some tests, then promote the packages to extras-testing for the not-quite-so-brave-but-still-very-important-people

New Features in 0.9.3:
  • New "About" dialog.
  • Moved "Logging" to Tools under "File Logging".
  • Fixed "Options" dialog, options were ordered wrongly in previous release.
  • Updated H/V-Accuracy information in status view to report units of measurement.
  • Status view in portrait now allows you to cycle: posinfo->accuracy->signal by pressing on the bottom area.
  • Track view now starts at your previous known position and restores zoom level.
  • Another new icon

I think that's about it. Enjoy and I look forward to your feedback!

PS: If you find this app even the slightest bit useful, I'd really appreciate your support in helping me pay my stupidly large phone bill. (Donate button is in the new "About" dialog)

kthxbye <3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Firstly, it does not work after insert the following in XTerminal:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install columbus
exit
Then,
root
apt-get upgrade
apt-get update
apt-get install columbus
exit
This time, it works.

Please tell me why I have to insert apt-get upgrade!
I am an idiot on maemo system.

Last edited by dontnowhy; 2011-01-20 at 04:28.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Code:
/opt/usr/bin/columbus: symbol lookup error: /opt/usr/bin/columbus: undefined symbol: _ZN13ConfigManager13prependOptionERK7QStringS2_RK11QStringListi
error from CLI

Originally Posted by dontnowhy View Post
Firstly, it does not work after insert the following in XTerminal:
root
apt-get update
apt-get install columbus
exit
Then,
root
apt-get upgrade
apt-get update
apt-get install columbus
exit
This time, it works.

Please tell me why I have to insert apt-get upgrade!
I am an idiot on maemo system.
You have to apt-get update to update the package list so it knows about the new version, then you can install it. In general you should always do an apt-get update before installing something if you're unsure about what you're doing.

Thjs stopped working for me after the last update via App manager.

Fixed it by accessing root in X-term and typing th following 2 commands:

apt-get upgrade ---> Enter.
apt-get update ---> Enter.

Tags
navigation, nokia n900