Active Topics

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
For those having FATAL ERROR when starting CSSU Features from PowerKey Menu here's the fix.

The problem is that if you are using a custom transition.ini and rejecting the transitions update that comes with (every) CSSU, some lines are missing in the [thp_tweaks] section.
CSSU misses the new lines that ship with the update and gives FATAL ERROR message...

FIX

Just open your custom transitions.ini in /usr/share/hildon-desktop and or /usr/share/themes/<your theme name> and scroll down to [thp_tweaks]
then add/replace with
Code:
blurless=0
blurless_saturation=0
taskswitcher=0
zaxisrotation=0
forcerotation=0
tactilepopups=0
blacklist=
If there are still problems backup and then delete the transitions.ini in your theme folder and disable "use custom (fast) window transitions" in Theme Customizer then try again.

EDIT: When using transitions.ini from theme folder you need to add the lines to both files (/usr/share/hildon-desktop and /usr/share/theme/<your theme name>) so that both files are having all the new options.

Cheers,

J4ZZ
I propose to use this only if you are an advanced user AND you are using a special theme.

- messing with the transitions.ini can easily put the device to a reboot loop
- when not using a theme it is easier to overwrite it with the default and modify your preferences.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Because of that, I propose to control transitions.ini only through CSSU.

You could include your CSSU Features Configuration as part of the CSSU.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2011-09-08 at 13:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Merci beaucoup J4ZZ no more trouble fixed it cool

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
Because of that, I propose to control transitions.ini only through CSSU.

You could include your CSSU Features Configuration as part of the CSSU.
Some comments:

- You mention there about something conflicting and makes them not compatible. Could you (or anyone else) elaborate? I can try to fix it from my side if it makes sense.

- The CSSU Features cannot be included in the CSSU due to its dependencies.

- I've asked about the update of the transition.ini file in the new CSSU here but I guess the thread is too polluted atm and probably missed. An answer there would help me eliminate the error many had with missing options after an update.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
After using your application, if you use Theme Customizer to apply fast transitions or CSSU Tuner to tweak something on transitions, the themed transitions.ini gets replaced loosing the new features enabled with your application.

I have made the deal manually, but it's understandable that a lot of people is having problems now.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
After using your application, if you use Theme Customizer to apply fast transitions or CSSU Tuner to tweak something on transitions, the themed transitions.ini gets replaced loosing the new features enabled with your application.

I have made the deal manually, but it's understandable that a lot of people is having problems now.
I haven't used them but from your description sounds like the Customizer and Tuner apps replace the complete file instead of dong inline changes.

If that's the case I cannot do anything to fix it, those apps need to be updated to include the new fields in the file.

What I don't understand is where you see the connection (incompatibility) with the Features app.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Hello,

I've been visiting this site for almost two years now since I got my N900. It's the first time, however, I've posted anything so have mercy...

I have the same problem as mentioned above. After updating CSSU I get the same "FATAL ERROR" and can't open the configuration application. I uninstalled Theme Customizer as it was causing problems (that's what I understood form the posts) but I still can't open it. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this "transitions.ini" so I would be grateful if somebody could write some kind of guide for dummies how to solve this problem step by step.

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by kilrok View Post
Hello,

I've been visiting this site for almost two years now since I got my N900. It's the first time, however, I've posted anything so have mercy...

I have the same problem as mentioned above. After updating CSSU I get the same "FATAL ERROR" and can't open the configuration application. I uninstalled Theme Customizer as it was causing problems (that's what I understood form the posts) but I still can't open it. Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this "transitions.ini" so I would be grateful if somebody could write some kind of guide for dummies how to solve this problem step by step.

Thanks in advance.
have you tried this?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=181

Thank for a quick reply. I understand I should enter it in Xterminal, right?

OK. I've done it but it asks me for a password. I don't remember setting a password to anything in my phone. What do I do now?

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I haven't used them but from your description sounds like the Customizer and Tuner apps replace the complete file instead of dong inline changes.

If that's the case I cannot do anything to fix it, those apps need to be updated to include the new fields in the file.

What I don't understand is where you see the connection (incompatibility) with the Features app.
Of course it's not your fault, I mean that you can't use them both without manually tweaking the files.