Notices

Closed Thread
i registered my yappari using one network provider and on my phone i use a different sim card from a totally different network provider thus different numbers from the registered sim and i have never had any problems before.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by skupa View Post
i registered my yappari using one network provider and on my phone i use a different sim card from a totally different network provider thus different numbers from the registered sim and i have never had any problems before.
After you are registered with Whatsapp it doesn't matter what SIM you use. If he wants to register again it will try with the same IMEI from your phone. The only thing that changes is your phone number.

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for all the effort you've put in developing such an awesome app!
I installed the yappari client yesterday and it worked fine, but I have some questions:

- I was sent an activation number, which I can't find it now, that I don't know how to use it?

- the "sync now" option is not working?!

- I added some contacts manually from the "create chat" but they disappeared after closing the app and opening it again?

Many Thanks!

Originally Posted by ahmedeissa007 View Post

- I added some contacts manually from the "create chat" but they disappeared after closing the app and opening it again?
Sync now works, maybe your friends doesn't update their status and that is you don't see change.

Everytime you close Yappari (by quit buttom) the chat(s) disappear, but when you open the same contact with "create chat" (or contact send you a message), the conversation is still there.

For next version 0.0.26, Scorpius say: read this.

In other words, that thing is going to be fixed.

Greetings.

Originally Posted by ahmedeissa007 View Post
- I was sent an activation number, which I can't find it now, that I don't know how to use it?

The activation number is used by Yappari to complete registration with the whatsapp server. You should not need to do anything with this number. Since you can't find the number I guess Yappari saw it and completed registration - this is a good thing.

Sync now is probably working, you don't see any message when you press it - this is normal. If you see your contacts when you press "create chat" then it has sync'd with your address book ok.

Disappearing chats is going to be fixed in the next version. See http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2186 for a list of whats in the next version.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I also fixed the bug that only the first number of your contacts appeared in the Create Chat contact dialog. Now you can send messages to any number your contact has, and the number appears beside his/her name between parenthesis. If you don't like the number in the Create Chat dialog, you can turn it off in settings.

But there's still a lot of bugs to fix to release it.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-11-13 at 17:52.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
you can send messages to any number your contact has, and the number appears beside his/her name between parenthesis. If you don't like the number in the Create Chat dialog, you can turn it off in settings.
I suppose that it is compatible with "sync=intl" option, so If you have both activated, that new option only shows and syncs which have international format. Isn't it?

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
I suppose that it is compatible with "sync=intl" option, so If you have both activated, that new option only shows and syncs which have international format. Isn't it?
Yup. That means if you have the sync=intl option and you have a contact with more than one international number you would be able to send messages to all of his/her international numbers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
since I read about v0.0.26 I can hardly wait... keep checking the post b4 going to the college when I return and b4 going to sleep...... I can't thank enough to scorpious for making this app... N900 was my gift for getting into college by my dad... its been almost 3yrs I am in my final year

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaz For This Useful Post:
not getting register...... HELP!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp