Closed Thread
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
Originally Posted by Caviar View Post

It's not far from getting the release......
It good practice to not post your IMEI on public forums.....

This is not a valid IMEI btw.

What I think is

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
Originally Posted by nermaljcat View Post
aah, I see:

Code:
user@n900:~$ df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                  227.6M    162.3M     61.2M  73% /
Wow 61MB free! lol you either havent installed much or are really good at housekeeping!!

You almost certainly wont have any issues if you are sitting above 50mb free with PR1.2 when it is released.

I on the other hand have abused my device and will be doing a complete reflash when it finally arrives

Originally Posted by telnet View Post
Wow 61MB free! lol you either havent installed much or are really good at housekeeping!!

You almost certainly wont have any issues if you are sitting above 50mb free with PR1.2 when it is released.

I on the other hand have abused my device and will be doing a complete reflash when it finally arrives
I had a lot of stuff on there and ended up 'bricking' it... So I reflashed it and got rid of most of my apps. Ended up being unreliable battery status causing the problem - was switching itself off even though the icon looked ~25% full (good thing lshal tells the truth).

Now I mainly use it as a skype phone, for email/browsing and hacking around - really handy if you need to VPN+SSH into a remote server.

Rage is back... 1.2 is being tested my ***. One bug has just been marked resolved on bugzilla and marked for 1.2 release. I'm happy of course, because that was affecting me, but that also means 1.2 is still under active development and not being finalised.
If they have some proper quality control process they will have to test completely the build which is going to be released, not just the minor builds before - which adds another week or two.

Alternatively it could be some mistake in bug tracking and the bug got marked resolved now, even though it was complete before. I hope this is the case...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by viraptor View Post
Rage is back... 1.2 is being tested my ***. One bug has just been marked resolved on bugzilla and marked for 1.2 release.
I have absolutely no clue about this, but I would suspect that the bug was marked resolved after it was confirmed that this is the case during testing.

Just my 2c

Originally Posted by Frye View Post
I have absolutely no clue about this, but I would suspect that the bug was marked resolved after it was confirmed that this is the case during testing.
But not every testing session is equal. You'd normally mark such bugs fixed just after you merged your work and someone else checked it's ok (or whatever variant of that maemo uses). Otherwise no bugs would be marked resolved until the last week (which is not the case as we know)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
But not every testing session is equal. You'd normally mark such bugs fixed just after you merged your work and someone else checked it's ok (or whatever variant of that maemo uses). Otherwise no bugs would be marked resolved until the last week (which is not the case as we know)
Yes, as I said I have no clue about this. I'm new here. But there has been quite many builds done already. Maybe those bugs marked as resolved have been in one of those?

Just guessing.

Bug 6016? Maybe the fact that it is fixed is just a side effect of another fix and someone only noticed now...

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by fhofer View Post
Bug 6016? Maybe the fact that it is fixed is just a side effect of another fix and someone only noticed now...
...Andre Klapper (the maemo.org bugmaster) is doing his homework.

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever