Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Why was the title of the thread changed again?

Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
No. 10 characters.
10 characters for?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by maxinflixion View Post
Why was the title of the thread changed again?
Because Dave asked me if the previous title was still adequate, and given the current circumstances, I agreed that changing the title seemed apt. So I suggested "The Future of Jolla's Tablet", a title with a sort of "To Be or Not To Be" sensibility to it...

Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
10 characters for?
You're not allowed to submit a post with less than 10 characters of new content.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
No. 10 characters.
Then what was the reason why the investor left?...
And who was the investor?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
And who was the investor?
Oh c'mon. I think if anyone from Jolla could have told us that, they would have already.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
/Me wonder why you guys still don't understand the obvious answer to above question...

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
/Me wonder why you guys still don't understand the obvious answer to above question...
Out of fun, care to share?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by tortoisedoc View Post
Out of fun, care to share?
Seriously? Do you think any investor is investing money in any company without getting money back later on? And now Jolla want even more money? Cmon? its time realize facts the world is built around money and no one doing stuff for free.

Not even the unpaided Jolla employers can do that much longer. Even if they want to fight to not let the Jolla ship sink they have to pay their private bills before their care about Jolla. And guess what that also means they need income.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Seriously? Do you think any investor is investing money in any company without getting money back later on?
I believe the applicable business jargon here is the word "risk". Yes, every investor is looking to make money, perhaps lots of money off their investment. But no, very many investors do not see a return on their investment. That's the chance they take.

Right now, if nothing is done, the original investors in Jolla are going to lose their money. However, if new investors are found, or the original investors add more into the pot, there is a chance that they could see a return.

Certainly, several years into the project now, Jolla will look different than it did at the start. So, the original folks may not be as interested. However, Sailfish is a significant piece of property right now, and given the Intex deal, I'm sure there are some folks who still see a potential future in the company. What is yet to be seen is whether Jolla can find someone well-heeled who is willing to take on board that risk...

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund