I am a very satisfies user. I will not change my N900 for anything. I already tried an i-phone and some andriod phones.

What is the problem?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Nokia's future will be mobile phone maker not smartphone maker.
I gotta disagree here. Symbian is still tops in terms of market share, and last I checked... 100 million phones is not anything to scoff at. They've improved their numbers, and Nokia happens to be one of the few phone manufacturers with two prongs into the smartphone market.

Right now, I'd just have to say that Nokia looks a bit unfocused. We don't know all of what's down the pipe 100% - and the requirement of patience for all of it to unfold is a bit much to ask in this impatient world we live in now.

It's a damn shame I was hoping Nokia would step up to the challenge.
They did step up to the plate. First with Maemo5. Now with MeeGo. Once all of the pieces are in place, then let's revisit this part of the discussion.

I was kinda proud of a european company holding it's own against 2 american companies.
Apple and who? RIM is Canadian.

As Nokia would say "The future is dull the future is a mildy insipid grey"
I'd say the future is still bright. And despite my critical as hell outlook against the blatant gaps in their offerings right now; I'd say the future is still bright.

Just... we don't know all of it yet.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by acano View Post
I am a very satisfies user. I will not change my N900 for anything. I already tried an i-phone and some andriod phones.

What is the problem?
You might think that I am joking, but could you please list all the things that you are satisfied with?

edit: and if you don't mind, could you list also the things that could be made better?

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton
Originally Posted by twaelti
Off-Topic a few tips to reduce the amount of suffering
Use Petrovic for Bluetooth file sharing (sending

It works for uploading tp Facebook etc, but I still cant believe I cant bluetooth photos to my pc.
I really miss Nokia image storer, you just put the bluetooth on the phone, and they silently and painlessly saved on the pc with no other action needed.
Seems archaeic to be using a usb cable for this.
I'm sick of my usb lead laying around the lounge or hanging out of my laptop.
Its 2010 for goodness sake!

Originally Posted by Mengs View Post
You might think that I am joking, but could you please list all the things that you are satisfied with?

edit: and if you don't mind, could you list also the things that could be made better?
Of course:
- Real Time multitasking. Is amazing to see a video from youtube while seeing if another webpage if downloading.

- Skype integration, I do not use anymore my computer in order to connect to skype I lie in the sofa from them, and workd perfectly. And in few time also video.

- Web browser, workd perfect.

- Telephone workd properly.

- When a need a urgent connextion to a vpn network or via ssh, it work as good as on any of my computers, or even better, because of lacking of virus, and drivers problems.

- 3D Powerful when playing to Open Arena. That is just amazing.

There many other. Do you need more?

Originally Posted by cortina61 View Post
Originally Posted by twaelti
Off-Topic a few tips to reduce the amount of suffering
Use Petrovic for Bluetooth file sharing (sending

It works for uploading tp Facebook etc, but I still cant believe I cant bluetooth photos to my pc.
I really miss Nokia image storer, you just put the bluetooth on the phone, and they silently and painlessly saved on the pc with no other action needed.
Seems archaeic to be using a usb cable for this.
I'm sick of my usb lead laying around the lounge or hanging out of my laptop.
Its 2010 for goodness sake!
Not familar with Nokia Image Storer, but what you could do is setup rsync on your computer and N900 (not sure if rsync is available for Windows). SSH might be needed for the connection between your computer and the N900. They will also have to be on the same network unless you configure the ssh tunnel so you can connect to it from a different network (though means you can automatically sync photos away from home if you leave your computer and network on)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by acano View Post
Of course:
- Real Time multitasking. Is amazing to see a video from youtube while seeing if another webpage if downloading.

- Skype integration, I do not use anymore my computer in order to connect to skype I lie in the sofa from them, and workd perfectly. And in few time also video.

- Web browser, workd perfect.

- Telephone workd properly.

- When a need a urgent connextion to a vpn network or via ssh, it work as good as on any of my computers, or even better, because of lacking of virus, and drivers problems.

- 3D Powerful when playing to Open Arena. That is just amazing.

There many other. Do you need more?
Cool... I think we just have to agree to disagree.

Personally I love the web browser and was super excited about firefox jumping on board! but the phone function just doesn't work as well as I hoped for, and neither does the multitasking. Sure, it's fancy to look at a youtube video in small screen while another page loads, but couple more programs open and I find the lag just incredibly annoying.

But like said, agree to disagree.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
For those that have lost faith... what exactly would earn your faith and trust again?

Originally Posted by Mengs View Post
Cool... I think we just have to agree to disagree.

Personally I love the web browser and was super excited about firefox jumping on board! but the phone function just doesn't work as well as I hoped for, and neither does the multitasking. Sure, it's fancy to look at a youtube video in small screen while another page loads, but couple more programs open and I find the lag just incredibly annoying.

But like said, agree to disagree.
Thanks for your kind answer. About your problems with real multitasking I can only say that that real multitasking work much more better than any one I show on any Real Computer beeing the CPU much more lower. And of course much more better than i-phone multitasking even in i-phone 4G, ha ha, sorry but that multitasking is ridicoulous and all the people is speaking about it....
Regards!!!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Not everyone enjoys using a pioneering device that the community has a huge role in building itself. It's true that things are missing. it's a lot more convenientto be a Stepford user in a Stepford world where the corporation handles all the important details.

Tags
fud, fud-ohwait-not, just shoot me, open source