Active Topics

Hi purpleonyx,
I ordered the same holder and received it today (less then 2 weeks, too). There's indeed no hole for the camera. But my problem is, that the mount is not symetric and so the N900 does not really fit into it:
Name:  20100910_002_1.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  17.3 KB
Does your mount look the same on the right side? The left side would fit for the "lower" part of the N900 so that I could even open the keyboard while in there, but the right side ... OK, another picture with the N900
Name:  DSC_7647_1.JPG
Views: 1151
Size:  77.6 KB

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
What equipment is available to allow the N900 to be used in a similar manner to the N97 and other Nokia phones with their car kits?

Whilst the Bluetooth apparently works with most Bluetooth car kits, do we have physical mounts available and does the automatic pickup of calls function?

Apologies if this is somewhere else but I can't see it after looking.
I bought a Pdair Universal Car Holder last week. Very good product!

New design, easy to install and use, flexible pedestal shaft adjusts quickly, suitable for smartphones and PDAs, package includes: 1x flexible arm 1x GPS fixing button 1 x Suctio-disc base sticker

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by Nikem View Post
Hi purpleonyx,
I ordered the same holder and received it today (less then 2 weeks, too). There's indeed no hole for the camera. But my problem is, that the mount is not symetric and so the N900 does not really fit into it:
Attachment 13642
Does your mount look the same on the right side? The left side would fit for the "lower" part of the N900 so that I could even open the keyboard while in there, but the right side ... OK, another picture with the N900
Attachment 13643
I just got mine as well and it fits perfectly, ask the seller to send you a new one and get this back.

Only thing I had to do is create a small hole on the right to let a 3.5mm plug in the audio out jack.

PS: I didn't get the one with the camera cut out... :/

Last edited by anidel; 2010-09-11 at 16:54.

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
I just got mine as well and it fits perfectly, ask the seller to send you a new one and get this back.
I already send an email about it - lets see.
So in your case the N900 goes all the way into the mount and is fully enclosed so that you can't open the keyboard?

Originally Posted by Nikem View Post
Hi purpleonyx,
Attachment 13642
Attachment 13643
Hello,

I just got mine today. Unfortunately I don't have the camera cutout...

Ask the seller to send u a new one. This one is obviously damaged and does not fit properly. In my case, the N900 is fully enclosed and you cannot open the keyboard once it is in the holder.

PS. I just contacted the ebay seller regarding the missing camera cutout.

Last edited by quanttrom; 2010-09-16 at 03:20.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Scotland
has anyone come across a suitable solution for mounting an N900 on the handle bars of a bicycle?

Originally Posted by quanttrom View Post
Hello,

I just got mine today. Unfortunately I don't have the camera cutout...

Ask the seller to send u a new one. This one is obviously damaged and does not fit properly. In my case, the N900 is fully enclosed and you cannot open the keyboard once it is in the holder.

PS. I just contacted the ebay seller regarding the missing camera cutout.
Did the seller reply? Unfortunately I also bought 1 from the same seller in Hong Kong / China and waiting for it to arrive. No doubt it would not have the camera cut out either. What false advertisement! Let us know how you guys deal with it.

Originally Posted by zerocool2k View Post
Did the seller reply? Unfortunately I also bought 1 from the same seller in Hong Kong / China and waiting for it to arrive. No doubt it would not have the camera cut out either. What false advertisement! Let us know how you guys deal with it.
He said that the pic he used is for the HTC HD2 mount and the N900 mount does not have the camera cut out.

He is offering a 2.50 USD discount in order to keep me happy....why not..

Originally Posted by quanttrom View Post
He said that the pic he used is for the HTC HD2 mount and the N900 mount does not have the camera cut out.

He is offering a 2.50 USD discount in order to keep me happy....why not..
I got my holder today. It had a camera cut out and looked exactly in the ebay description pictures! But wait, it's for the HD2, not N900 lol. On email with seller now...

Anyone has the holder above (from ebay, WITHOUT the camera cutout) and is able to cut a hole for the camera (using a dremel or something)? Some pics would be appreciated. Because I'm afraid the notches on the back of the cradle will interfere with the camera position, and thus we won't be able to make a hole there.

TIA

Last edited by zerocool2k; 2010-10-15 at 18:13.

Tags
n900 carkit mount