Originally Posted by Radu View Post
Before I install it, can you please clarify a few things?
1. "The scripts /etc/network/if-up.d/nat64-up and /etc/network/if-down.d/nat64-down start and stop the nat64d process."
Does the script need to be started manually, or is it started automatically at reboot?

2. Is it necessary for the script to be started in order for Skype to work?

Thanks.
The scripts in /etc/network are run automatically when your network connection comes up. So you don't have to run anything.

Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
Uninstalled libnat64 1.3, installed nat64d, reboot

Gtalk works, skype doesn't, geeps loads, but doesn't get gps info from internet.

When I start xterm, I see the following message repeated 6x :
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libnat64.s0' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded: ignored.

Let me know if more info is needed.
Ah. For that error message, edit /etc/ld.so.preload and delete the line that says /usr/lib/libnat64.so

for skype, can you login? Does it just give you the "unable to connect to one or more accounts"

Can you check to see if you have a default route? (ip route list exact 0.0.0.0/0)

for the gps problem, I still need to research it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ddrown For This Useful Post:
Uninstalled libnat64 1.3, installed nat64d, reboot

Gtalk works, skype doesn't, geeps loads, but doesn't get gps info from internet.

When I start xterm, I see the following message repeated 6x :
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libnat64.s0' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded: ignored.

Let me know if more info is needed.
Ok. I uploaded nat64d version 1.1. That should fix the route problem, which is what probably caused your problems with skype and gps based on cell tower.

With this version, my phone gets a "coarse accuracy" location with the location-home-applet package, geeps package, and ovi maps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddrown For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by ddrown View Post
Ok. I uploaded nat64d version 1.1. That should fix the route problem, which is what probably caused your problems with skype and gps based on cell tower.

With this version, my phone gets a "coarse accuracy" location with the location-home-applet package, geeps package, and ovi maps.
OK, installed new version, everything appears to work now (skype, sip, gtalk, TOR, GeePS).

Still had to fix ld.so.preload. No big deal.

Thanks for the hard work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
OK, installed new version, everything appears to work now (skype, sip, gtalk, TOR, GeePS).

Still had to fix ld.so.preload. No big deal.

Thanks for the hard work.
The ld.so.preload file was supposed to be fixed with the command "/usr/bin/register_nat64 deinstall" (has to happen before removing the libnat64 package). This is documented on the wiki for ldpreload, but I should probably just add it to a deinstall script in the libnat64 package.

Glad to hear it's working!

Ok, so how do I uninstall libnat64?

Originally Posted by Radu View Post
Ok, so how do I uninstall libnat64?
Two commands (as root):

/usr/bin/register_nat64 deinstall
dpkg -r libnat64

The Following User Says Thank You to ddrown For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ddrown View Post
The ld.so.preload file was supposed to be fixed with the command "/usr/bin/register_nat64 deinstall" (has to happen before removing the libnat64 package). This is documented on the wiki for ldpreload, but I should probably just add it to a deinstall script in the libnat64 package.

Glad to hear it's working!
Ahh, my fault then, didn't run the deinstall, just removed it with dpkg. Too much plunging ahead, not enough reading. (Although in your favor, it was working well enough that I hadn't needed to remove it prior to the new version )

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Is it possible that the new Nat64D is eating battery more than LDPreloadNat64? Two days ago I installed the new Nat64D (nothing else changed on my phone) and now the battery is out in about one day.

Originally Posted by ioan View Post
Is it possible that the new Nat64D is eating battery more than LDPreloadNat64? Two days ago I installed the new Nat64D (nothing else changed on my phone) and now the battery is out in about one day.
I'm not sure about this, but unscientifically, it seems to me that both were draining more power than the regular IPv6 connection. In other words the latest updates that do the nat portion so the IPv4 only stuff works, seems to draw more.

I can't say if the new nat64d is drawing more that the ldpreload version though.

Tags
ipv6s, tmobile