Notices

Closed Thread
plzz help
my yappari showing ....connecting ....connected ...connection time out and finally dissconnected... and the cycle goes again the same way....am i missing something ??? plz help

thanks a lot, great work, makes our n900 more useable my daugthers always laugh about my maemo-phone cause everybody is using WA, Until today, now i can use whatsapp too. THX !!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by rxsantosh View Post
plzz help
my yappari showing ....connecting ....connected ...connection time out and finally dissconnected... and the cycle goes again the same way....am i missing something ??? plz help
Sometimes it happens, here is what you can try:

1.- If you are connecting via 3G / GMS try to connect via WiFi. That means quit your Yappari completely, disconnect your data connection, turn on WiFi, connect to network and start up Yappari again.

2.- If this still doesn't work, try this one. Sometimes the n900 is connected to a network (again 3G/GSM), you can surf through the internet and everything works, but Yappari tells it is still connecting and then times out. Quit Yappari again, then disconnect from your data connection, reconnect to your data connection, open Yappari and then it should work.

Good luck and let me know if it worked, for me it does

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Ok here is Yappari 0.0.26. READ FIRST.

There's a slight chance that if your language doesn't use the english alphabet Yappari might crash on start and never recover. If that's your case, please delete your log, load Yappari, wait until it crashes, kill it somehow (maybe you have to restart the phone) and send me your log telling me what your language is. After that, delete chats.db and roster.db in /home/user/.yappari and downgrade to 0.0.25.

Also if you use a different font than the standard Nokia font this might also happen to you. Sorry, but I didn't have time to test everything.

This version has a LOT of things changed, A LOT. So I'm gonna just put here the most important things I guess:

* Global settings dialog implemented.
* Port 443 is the default port now. You can change it in the Global Settings dialog.
* Voice registration is implemented and it WORKS FINE. I registered at least 5 different numbers without ANY problem.
* Chat persistence is implemented.
* Unknown contacts now appear in your Create Chat dialog and are synchronized.
* To delete one of those contacts, press and hold the contact and select remove contact.
* To delete an open chat, press and hold and select Delete Chat.
* IMEI Spoofing implemented. Just create a line in yappari.conf like imei=123456789012345
* IMEI spoofing doesn't let you use WhatsApp in two devices at the same time. It's just for privacy purposes.
* You have to register again if you use IMEI spoofing so don't use it if you're a current Yappari user. You could end up with no Whatsapp at all.
* Fixed timestamp in delayed messages.
* If a contact has several numbers registered in WhatsApp you can see them all.
* You can turn off the "phone number beside name" in the settings dialog.
* If you delete a contact in your address book it will disappear from Yappari the next time you synchronize.
* If you still have an open chat with that contact you just deleted there's 99% of chance than Yappari will crash forever and you would have to manually delete roster.db and chats.db. I think I forgot to test that.

There's a lot more fixes, but those are like the important ones.

Here's the deb and good luck. If it crashes, don't worry, just downgrade.

http://uppit.com/8haazbyvh4th/yappari_0.0.26_armel.deb

Mirror just in case:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yqlui5

Last but not least, thank you once again for all your donations! Yappari 0.0.25 almost hit the 3000 downloads mark!

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-12-01 at 20:17.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Ok here is Yappari 0.0.26. READ FIRST.
Worth the wait .

Now let's get at LEAST 3000 downloads. For some reason the Uppit download server is extemely slow. Downloading with 4 KB/s. Are you able to see the amounts of downloads on Sendspace?

Last edited by Wreck; 2012-12-01 at 20:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
There's a slight chance that if your language doesn't use the english alphabet Yappari might crash on start and never recover.
What this means? I have spanish as default language, so is going to crash?

Que significa esto? Yo tengo por defecto espaņol, osea que no va a funcionar?

Saludos.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
What this means? I have spanish as default language, so is going to crash?

Que significa esto? Yo tengo por defecto espaņol, osea que no va a funcionar?

Saludos.
It shouldn't crash in spanish. But there's a chance in hebrew, arab, chinese, japanese...

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
It shouldn't crash in spanish. But there's a chance in hebrew, arab, chinese, japanese...
Ok, let's try it and hope the best.

Greetings.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
New menu worth a screenshot Really looks awesome right now. Any possibility that new chat will be put on top of the older chats?

Last edited by Wreck; 2012-12-01 at 20:42.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Ty for the warning, i'll wait a bit before upgrade.
0.0.25 is fine for me.

keep the good work.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp