yeah i also was thinking that, until i looked up the words without the -, and some of them aren't there and some of them are. considering this contest, i wouldn't take that for granted.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Only just now passing the FCC in the US... sheesh
http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/21/n...-the-meego-co/
Still we have progress, user manual included at FCC too.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by klop View Post
yeah i also was thinking that, until i looked up the words without the -, and some of them aren't there and some of them are. considering this contest, i wouldn't take that for granted.
If it's due to formatting, then the dashes are put on words that get cut off for a new line?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Thanks for your obviously hard work, but I'm guessing that is just a remnant of the word processor/document format that their legal department gives out.
I noticed another little thing, which probably has no bearing on anything, but I thought I'd share anyway. On the nokia youtube page beneath the "n9" in the titles of each video. There is an extra "L" in the second title.

Does it have any meaning?

I'm guessing not, but I feel paranoid and everything seems like a clue at this point. Maybe I'll go crazy start seeing n9seconds clues everywhere like that movie The Number 23.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manjingo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I dunno... I think some of the still obviously unused clues are:

Elgamal 15
832 (on taxi cab in that same frame)

And a poster about Athanasius Kircher ('on cover' something) in the camera video.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
anyone look at the FCC stuff on the N9? here's the operator manual

nice feature here which i think though should have pushed more in their demo's: (Page 44)

Show your online friends' status updates in the contact cards
When you add an account for a social networking service, you can allow the automatic
linking of your online friends' profiles from the services to the friends' entries in your
contacts list. After linking, you can set your most important contacts as favourites, and
you'll see their latest status update in Contacts. You can also see the contact details and
latest status updates in the individual contact cards.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
im checking

it's a definitely no! go see it, cause if that would be the case it would have more seperated spaces between the words themselves.

Last edited by klop; 2011-07-22 at 16:09.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Originally Posted by egoshin

> Touch screen is sensitive although Nexus-S may have a little better sensitivity - while typing on screen I had a couple of errors, definitely more than Nexus-S but it may be counted to slightly different virtual KBD size and layout.

This is unfortunate...
I hope it's due to you not being familiar with the vKBD size/layout.
You did only have 10min with it after-all
Yes, that's possible, the man before me was much more successful but it seems he was more fluent in Android - I use N900.

Were you impressed by the vKBD, better in any way than Anroid/iOS?
Don't think so, at least I didn't found. Anyway, the difference is subtle, in canvas and a little button shape. Not sure about layout, but need to say that I remember I didn't do backspace errors - it is then I press some key instead of backspace.

And in any case, I disappointed by absense of arrow keys - to repeat last line in shell, moving cursor left-right fast... At least I didn't find the way to do it (may be some old CTRL-... may do a trick but this is three press sequence). After I do error and shell responses I should type the whole command again...

EDIT: it has "ctrl" and other mode buttons on top of vKBD.

Actually I believe USB-OTG is confirmed.
I'll dig up where it was if you want...
I asked a direct question and I got a direct answer. But board is RX-71, cpuinfo shows it.

Did video chat via the front-facing camera + Skype/GT appear to be implemented?
I've heard audio is a "done deal", but gotten only vague responses wrt video.
Unfortunately, I don't know - it has no SIM and I didn't bother with testing communications. But I guess it is implemented because my N900 can do it. Anythere, there is a clear competition between Skype (now part of M$) and Google in this area - this spring a couple of events show it.

What's wrong with the 3rd "live apps" view, plenty of room for everything there?
IIRC workarounds are afoot, for people who actually see this as much of an issue.
I said "widget" but I assumed "shortcut", sorry. I mean - the place where I can keep my selection of applications to start... just for fast search instead of browsing a whole application list. Personally, I think one screen is enough and I like the fast switching between running applications more than a couple of "home" screens.

(Flash Player):
Actually adobe is still a possibility:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...22#post1050222
They confirmed that it may be possible to do in another browser and Nokia is in conversation with Adobe. Translation - Adobe wants too much and FP takes 100% CPU while plays animation.

Why would there be no java?
Even if true for their integrated browser...
Fenec will be available too, & it'll support java.
Just lawyer style disclaimer. N900 microB hasn't it and it seems there is a reason for resistance and M$ may just add a reason for resistance.

(browser pages wrapping):
That's due to a design issue with the page itself though right?
I guess - yes. But I didn't research browser because the man before me did it much more extensively and I hope he will publish it somewhere (engadged?).

> Device has an embedded "development" setting - then I pressed it downloads 20+MB and Terminal apps occurs.

Can you elaborate on this...
Will it be possible to turn a consumer device in to a full-blown dev device at the flick of a switch?
If so that's pretty cool, might help N9's chances a tiny bit more.
I went to "Settings" and somewhere underneath I found a last position named "Development mode" and pressed it. N9 started downloading 20+MB and after it finishes I got "Terminal" application. Button shaded after that.

And Nokia people confirmed that each device can be turned into developer mode.

Think you might be referring to disabling DRM mode?
But that doesn't turn it into a full dev env. does it?
And AFAIK returning to DRM isn't possible once switched to non-DRM
Not sure about DRM disabling at all... didn't think about it before your comment

EDIT (Addition): N9 NFC can be used for switching ON handset and another thing like this. John Loughney from Nokia touched handset and N9 and explained that this started (and completed?) bluetooth pairing. And he said that it can be used to transfer photo to not-your-girl at party [and be sure that there is no consequences -- my interpretation]

Last edited by egoshin; 2011-07-22 at 16:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
when is the next clue?????

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Ah, N9's 802.11n works also on 5GHz band.

From user manual:

This phone supports the 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n WLAN protocols. You
can create an 802.11n connection using either the 2.4 or 5 GHz frequency band.
Veeery good...

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????