Active Topics

Notices

there is one particular feed which won't update in Feedingit for me. It used to work but not anymore since yesterday (www.baka-updates.com/rss).

Tried to load this feed with the standard N900 RSS-reader and that didn't work either. Seems like all feeds which work with Feedburner are having problems with the standard RSS-reader but only this particular one doesn't load new feeds in Feedingit (tried other Feedburner based feeds and those do work in Feedingit).

Seems like Feedburner changed something, hope that won't have impact on Feedingit as i really love this app

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by dcell View Post
there is one particular feed which won't update in Feedingit for me. It used to work but not anymore since yesterday (www.baka-updates.com/rss)
This feed has a few atom articles without a link attribute. I didn't think this was allowed, but I'll add some safeguards in the next version.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
I have noticed one thing with feeding it and the internet connection... Not really a problem but if you try updating when you do not have an active connection, it will go through the process without actually making a connection and will also not show an error.

In these cases I have had to manually make the connection myself and then run update in feeding it again. This may also cause problems with the automatic update in feeding it. This mainly happens when I go somewhere where there is no network...

Is it possible to have feeding it automatically connect (if a preferred network is set - not set to "always ask") if there is no internet connection active?

Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
To FeedingIt, they both show as a data connection, so it doesn't really care if it's over wifi or mobile internet. Does your mobile internet use a Proxy, or some other connection specific settings? Does it work in other apps?
The connection works like a charm in other applications, that's why I accused FeedingIt...
Is there any way to run FeedingIt in a verbose mode, or create a log, for troubleshooting?

Last edited by cisqo; 2010-04-12 at 12:23.

Originally Posted by cisqo View Post
Is there any way to run FeedingIt in a verbose mode, or create a log, for troubleshooting?
Can you try to open the X-Terminal, and then typing:
FeedingIt
(case sensitive), to start the application. Do the update, and see if there are any messages that appear in the terminal. Thanks.

Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
I have noticed one thing with feeding it and the internet connection... Not really a problem but if you try updating when you do not have an active connection, it will go through the process without actually making a connection and will also not show an error.
That's somewhat by design (bad design, but design nonetheless). If there is no data connections, it'll just skip the update. One day, I'll try to improve the experience there.

Auto-Update does not seem to work for me too. Not with mobile internet connection, and not on wifi connection.
And the 'update'-button on the widget itself does not seem to work either.

Originally Posted by vonbraun66 View Post
Auto-Update does not seem to work for me too. Not with mobile internet connection, and not on wifi connection.
And the 'update'-button on the widget itself does not seem to work either.
Does the update-all button (in the app) work, but not the automatic update? If not, can you do the same as above (start FeedingIt in the X-term)?

The update button of the widget is to update the widget, not the feeds. The widget updates every 30 minutes, but you can refresh it manually if needed. It's there mostly for testing.

Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
Does the update-all button (in the app) work, but not the automatic update? If not, can you do the same as above (start FeedingIt in the X-term)?

The update button of the widget is to update the widget, not the feeds. The widget updates every 30 minutes, but you can refresh it manually if needed. It's there mostly for testing.
Update-all in the app works fine. Just no automatic update, not on any connection.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
I am not sure why but I was just able to update to 0.6 with the widget, I love it. I understand that the widget only updates itself and not the main app. I have not tried auto-update on the app yet (I have been using an alarmed command to update FeedingIt, which also launched the application).

It would be great if the auto-update would work with the widget reflecting any updates at a later time. So, my question is: Does the auto-update feature of the application work when the application is not running or does it need to be instantiated for the auto-update to work? Sorry if this is answered earlier in the thread but I couldn't find it with a search of the thread.

Thanks for the great app.

fred