Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post
all you need to do is goto sky.com register yourself there with your mobile number.

then select programme(s) in showtime and hit the record button.
This will open up the sms window with the message to send, hit send and a message will be sent to your digital reciever by sky since you have your mobile number registered with them.

hope that helps, let me know if you face issues.
This as mentioned before is available for UK and Ireland, if other countries support this feature you could let me know to add it.
Thanks for the help, good work on making this available, I will test and confirm that it works ok

The Following User Says Thank You to nhk295m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ England
I tried it with BBC for this afternoon's world cup game and it was successful, I just rung the missus and she confirmed that it had made its way into the planner fine, Thanks for the help, will be even better when you don't have to move between apps to send the SMS.

The Following User Says Thank You to nhk295m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by nhk295m View Post
I tried it with BBC for this afternoon's world cup game and it was successful, I just rung the missus and she confirmed that it had made its way into the planner fine, Thanks for the help, will be even better when you don't have to move between apps to send the SMS.
thanks for letting me know.
Well I did think of using some telepathy based libraries to send the sms automatically, TpSession does it, but I didnt have enough time to integrate and test it , showtime works well for now and does whats needed, I agree perhaps it would be a good value addition and if I find some free time will try adding this.
Now that we have QT mobility also coming up soon so QT apps can make use of phone functions but again its still beta and Ive already faced my share of troubles using beta stuff with QT.
Travelapp - london underground status/planner ( website )
Batlevel - desktop widget for battery level ( website )

“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Last edited by krk969; 2010-06-15 at 11:22.

Hi ,
I cannot refresh my program anymore and only getting "Have you clicked on go already.If yes then no data available for this channel!..."
Had no issues before and already tried to clear the cache and reeinstall the program.
Any tips what the problem could be ?
Thx in advance.

//edi: just tested some other regions and they were working fine. Just Germany is not working properly :/

Last edited by NokiaRocks; 2010-06-23 at 00:05.

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Hi ,
I cannot refresh my program anymore and only getting "Have you clicked on go already.If yes then no data available for this channel!..."
Had no issues before and already tried to clear the cache and reeinstall the program.
Any tips what the problem could be ?
Thx in advance.

//edi: just tested some other regions and they were working fine. Just Germany is not working properly :/
Hi NokiaRocks,
just checked the source for germany, seems like their data is updated only until 22June, perhaps they are updating today or some temporary issue for data generation from 23June.
http://www.xmltvepg.be/rytecxmltvskyde.gz
(If you see the dates in showtime only 22June shows green the rest are in red.)

A good news is that Ive seen some newer channels added to germany and some new countries like Swiss, Austria etc....
I will update showtime with the new information as well.

Sorry Strutten/Torpedo48/Dr.MZ , I know there is the translation still pending with me.
Ive moved to a new computer so had to set up everything again, also the italian and german translation files crashed in QT linguist application, the files you sent me looked fine to me so I was investigating that also.

I will be doing all this in the next few days, sorry again for the delay.

-krk969

Last edited by krk969; 2010-06-23 at 07:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
update : the data for germany is generated and available now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
I want to start by saying thankyou. I used the tv app on my iphone a lot and this is so much better. I had problems with itv channels on early versions but this got sorted. Then the times were an hour behind and that got sorted.

If I had a complaint it would be not loading from the cache on start-up. This would save about 2 seconds a day, which is'nt even as long as the iphone app took to start up.

Still can't believe this is from one person. Love it and thanks for your work. Downloaded the time problem update from extras-devel. Do we have to vote again or will it be sent to extras automatically.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
I want to start by saying thankyou. I used the tv app on my iphone a lot and this is so much better. I had problems with itv channels on early versions but this got sorted. Then the times were an hour behind and that got sorted.

If I had a complaint it would be not loading from the cache on start-up. This would save about 2 seconds a day, which is'nt even as long as the iphone app took to start up.

Still can't believe this is from one person. Love it and thanks for your work. Downloaded the time problem update from extras-devel. Do we have to vote again or will it be sent to extras automatically.

Thanks again.
Thanks a lot for the kind words Ralphred. Appreciate it.
yes every new version needs to be voted unfortunately to put it to extras.

btw, if I understood you right, showtime does read from the cache, it only downloads when the data you have is much older than dates in the current week. You can manually clear the cache as well, in case you want current data in case its updated.

thanks for that. I'll vote for it. but what i meant was it doesnt load from the cache on starting the app, i have to select favourites and the hit go. i'm slightly embarased about how petty this sounds and wouldn't give a f**k if it was never sorted it's still ace. i'll vote now if i can figure out how to. thanks. Jo

Sorry but I can't figure out how to vote. Think it has to go to testing first. Not really sure what I'm doing. you should set up a paypal fee for it. I'd happily pay for it and I'm sure other would to.