Closed Thread
what do you guys/gals think about the crossfade transition effect when we do a push to go back to homescreen? Jolla are not allowed to use the same effect as the one on n9? What is your better suggestion for the effect?

I will suggest the effect we see in unlocking bb10 locked screen

You need that to see quickly whats behind. You don't have to complete the move.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
What about WISPR functionality on Sailfish?
I can have an Accespoint like an T-Online Hotspot or whatever and put here (Advanced settings?) username und password.
So i only was checking my mails f.e. and connect with these hotspot. Didnt have going to the homepage and put manually my username and password.
Had this also in my old Nokia E71 and the app Handy-Wi. This app put an defined Accesspoint in my Accesspoint-List with this future.
I didnt had open Handywi, it was only mark this accaesspoint and it made an autologin.
Great app in my old E71

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
It seems that some three hundred apps will make everyone happy. I like it. Jolla, just give me the copy of N900 (in terms of functionality) with updated internals.
Is there someone still missing #105 really? )))

The Following User Says Thank You to xanderx For This Useful Post:
io7 have control centre now, jolla has it on their sailfish? Toggle like wifi bluetooth, brightness etc control

The Following User Says Thank You to youmeego For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I'm voting for 4-213-StarDict, 19-Barcode, 21-22-71-85-96-125-141-173-maps-and-transport, 24-27-flashlight-backlight-camera, 28-music-soundwave-lilypond, 29-Gallery-with-plugins-for-sharing, 30-31-32-142-hotspot-reboot-screenshot-screenvideo, 33-bigword, 35-89-208-calculator, 43-filemanager-with-plugins-bluetooth-support, 45-ps, 47-image-editing-as-a-plugin-of-gallery-with-filters-as-optional-plugins, 49-XTerm, 51-FM-radio-transceiver, 52-198-XUL-based-Fennec, 53-configurable-firewall, 54-document-scanner-as-camera-gallery-plugin, 65-66-67-68-music-player-editor-pdf-viewer-editor, 69-alarmed, 73-Saera, 74-sheepdrawing, 78-MyPaint, 80-VUMeter, 91-92-93-94-95-98-162, 106-QLister, 120-akin-to-cellwriter, 121-camera-plugin-ocr-translator, 124, 130-131-134-compass, 149-150-evil, 183-184-185-186-217, 203-watch.
I also would like to ask for magnetometer hardware and appropriate software. I have lost a small metal key from a children toy in my backyard and cannot find it. It is possible but unlikely that a magpie has taken it. With grass and rains, multiple searches have given no result. The next step is metal finder. Is it possible to make a program for Nemo-Mer-Sailfish which would use magnetometer to alert user about a piece of metal in the immediate vicinity of the device?
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
I also would like to ask for magnetometer hardware and appropriate software. I have lost a small metal key from a children toy in my backyard and cannot find it. It is possible but unlikely that a magpie has taken it. With grass and rains, multiple searches have given no result. The next step is metal finder. Is it possible to make a program for Nemo-Mer-Sailfish which would use magnetometer to alert user about a piece of metal in the immediate vicinity of the device?
Best wishes.
Magnetometer is allright for compass usage, but unfortunately too unsensitive for locating anything except very strong magnets at close range. (verystrong=neodyme, closerange=20cm)

The "treasure hunters" metal detectors work on different principle; there's a EM coil that's fed with a frequency and another used as pickup, and having metallic objects nearby will affect the mu of the system creating a measurable voltage differential in the coils.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Magnetometer is allright for compass usage, but unfortunately too unsensitive for locating anything except very strong magnets at close range. (verystrong=neodyme, closerange=20cm)

The "treasure hunters" metal detectors work on different principle; there's a EM coil that's fed with a frequency and another used as pickup, and having metallic objects nearby will affect the mu of the system creating a measurable voltage differential in the coils.
Well, 10cm range would be quite enough for me. As long it works through grass, hay, leaves, water, et cetera. Finding a needle in a haystack...
And about magnetometer sensitivity... How to Turn Your iPhone or iPad into a Metal Detector. I don't expect that Apple used a hyper-sensitive magnetometer in their products.
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
It's interesting, that the whole Maemo-Community seems to be happy with ~250 apps. I wonder, what are the other 999.750 apps in Play Store / Apple Store for?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
It's interesting, that the whole Maemo-Community seems to be happy with ~250 apps. I wonder, what are the other 999.750 apps in Play Store / Apple Store for?
Hmmm, a lot of fart apps, crapware, vires, other unneeded stuff, and let's say 5000 useful stuffs?
250 is an underestimation, guess 1500 would be a better approx.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
applications, fm transmiter, infrared led, sailfish