Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Sounds like a good idea. Now I just have to figure out how to actually make this matrix thing work at all. It's been crashing my clock (that's something I'm very used to now, lol). Can I see a specific (as opposed to generic) example of python code where you've implemented it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
@ Mentalist Traceur, thanks for the info dude. I think its using the one in

/opt/usr/share/icons/hicolor/14x14/hildon/general_alarm_on.png

since i'm already using custom png images, and that seems to be the one displaying on my regular clock. Having some trouble with the coding tho, so if you get around to it i would appreciate you posting the code up if u get it working, since its fighting me at the moment, :P

I suspect it will end up being skykooler who figures this one out. The only documentation I keep coming across on the whole matrix thing in Cairo is neither that easy for me to understand, nor actually written for python (it seems to be all for C).

Edit:
Finally, found PyCairo documentation that includes the relevant stuff:
http://cairographics.org/documentati...nce/index.html

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-01-07 at 05:42.

thanks for the link will look at it once i have this wifi driver installation sorted out.

PLS answer me ... WHY decimal clock is normal clock ??? i want decimal clock to be decimal clock... PLS update it and add decimal clock not a regular it's so boring (decimal clock started 1970 year and counts decunds see in wikipedia)

Originally Posted by menthor View Post
PLS answer me ... WHY decimal clock is normal clock ??? i want decimal clock to be decimal clock... PLS update it and add decimal clock not a regular it's so boring (decimal clock started 1970 year and counts decunds see in wikipedia)
No it's UNIX/POSIX time

Decimal clock looks the same as the regular clock except it only has 10 hours/100 minutes/100 seconds

Where:
1 day = 10 hours
1 hour = 100 minutes
1 minute = 100 seconds

Last edited by Radicalz38; 2011-01-07 at 10:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by menthor View Post
Your disagreement is understandable, but keep in mind, this began as a 'binary' clock plugin. The word decimal should be seen in context of that: Decimal, thus, means based on the decimal number system - ie base-10 math, ie numbers 0-9. As opposed to the 0-1 of the binary number system.

I suppose you COULD rename decimal clock to "Digital Clock" (that's what I call it in my mind anyway... I get messed up whenever I try to use X-Terminal to find it because I type Di[tab] instead of De[tab]), and make a 'real' "Decimal" clock. *Shrug*

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
CAN I CHANGE THE ALARM ICON???
IT'S HORRIBLE I HAVE 3D ICONS AND IT'S OVER THEME!!! Please let me know!!!! i mean the alarm status icon

Last edited by santiago; 2011-01-07 at 21:18.

Originally Posted by santiago View Post
CAN I CHANGE THE ALARM ICON???
IT'S HORRIBLE I HAVE 3D ICONS AND IT'S OVER THEME!!! Please let me know!!!! i mean the alarm status icon
Try some more explanation marks. Maybe a bigger font. In my experience, the more upset and demanding you get, the more people want to help you.

Seriously, just half a page ago we were talking about trying to figure out how to do what you're talking about. Right now, you can't. Wonko, skykooler, or someone else (me if I can figure it out quickly enough) will probably figure out how to use the standard theme icon within a few days. Might take longer, if the people who do know how to do what has to be done with Cairo don't get around to it, and I don't figure it out that quickly.

Until then, either live with it, figure out the python code yourself, or uninstall and wait until this is added. It's only a red dot instead of the normal theme icon. It's not going to kill you if you have to put up with it for a few days.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 140 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, UK
@Mentalist Traceur - It would be fantastic if you could help me. Yes, what I was hoping for was the time and date to show on one row "00:00 DD/MM". I'm not fussed either way whether seconds and/or year are included - whatever is easiest to put together. Do you think you might be able to do me a clock style, or would you like to have a try at fixing one of my efforts?!

Thanks very much, in advance!