Active Topics

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Just accept it. You are all fringers here, the less than 5% outliers. Looking for something other than iPhone, just because it's different from iPhone. Nokia should not be listening to fringers here as you don't represent the mainstream. Maemo and meego didn't do well. It's a good phone for the fringers or Taliban, but most people shy away from it. WP will succeed with itinerations. MS just posted huge profit and they will keep pouring money into this project. And fringers can hope that down the line, when in better financial situation, Nokia will throw them some bone
I absolutely love the fact that you talk about 5% outliers or "fringers" yet talk about WP so adamantly. You do know that WP is even less than that right? even less than 2%, so low in fact that it's not even listed anymore.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/25295...n_list_it.html

You too are a fringer and so much an outlier that simply owning a WP wasn't enough for you, so you decide to visit a maemo forum and talk about your WP to increase your outlier status. For the sake of this community please stop posting your hypocritical nonsense, nobody is falling for it.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Of course I am a fringer!!!! I know I can't speak for the
Mainstream. In biz you got to know what mainstream wants. Mainstream doesn't care about OS. They care about experience. Maemo fails there.

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
american idiot lalalalalalalal
Taliban from Jakarta

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Of course I am a fringer!!!! I know I can't speak for the
Mainstream. In biz you got to know what mainstream wants. Mainstream doesn't care about OS. They care about experience. Maemo fails there.
I know this is futile but lets try one more time. You say maemo fails lets say I agree with you. You know that WP fails even more considered the billions spend on it and yet their share in the market is less than bada, considered that every WP phone made by any manufacturer has been a failure, considering that the selling point ms is trying to make is that hey apollo will be good. I know it wont change your mind but I had to try.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Always the dullness of the fool is the whetstone of the wits. -- William Shakespeare, "As You Like It"
-- Couldn't agree more today with /.

american idiot
Yes? You have a question that I can answer?

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Hardly applicable. Nokia did not patent generic internet services usage (email notifications - newsfeed - rss as is case in the video), neither are they trolling. Each closed source package on maemo is also not a oblong-rounded-touchscreen device Apple tried to patent and lost. We're talking about real development/programming man-hours put into developing working solutions.
Emphasis on Microsoft. You obviously did not read the Barnes and Noble situation when they got patent trolled by Microsoft
http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/79179
http://www.networkworld.com/news/201...ft-252957.html

Last edited by aironeous; 2012-04-21 at 16:49.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
american idiot, so what? Huh? That greenday song's, blame them,

american idiot, so what? Huh? That greenday song's, blame them
I blame Green Day for a lot of things... but never for the American Idiot tag. I've earned that title.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
sing a song

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun