Notices

@ growninc

Thanks a lot for detailed description. Few points to mention:

Mobile Maps 10 will bring many improvements in maps resulting in better experience with route calculation. However, the route calculation logic does not change against Mobile Maps 9. So in a specific situation like you describe, you may not get different routing results with Mobile Maps 10.

We are working on 2 changes which will deliver routes closer to your expectation:

1 - when taking a different route than originally calculated, a completely new route will be calculated sooner than it is being done currently. That means that the app will respond sooner to user's interest in his / her own route.

2 - we are implementing the feature to avoid specific roads - exactly as you suggested.

Both changes will take few months to implement - because an improvement in one country may result in worse results in other countries. A lot of finetuning and testing is necessary.

Thank you.

Sygic Support.

The Following User Says Thank You to SygicSupport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland
@SygicSupport

I don't get it, is the SMM10 for N900 being developed from a scratch, or it's a port from the other platform?

How come that the product has been available for let's say iPhone for a few months already, while the maemo version needs THAT much improvement?

Does each platform version has it's own routing algorithm?

Last edited by stantheboss; 2010-07-28 at 10:08.

Hi
I'm not technical so hopefully I've not making a simple mistake. I followed the instructions. It installed on my PC. I ran the sygic assistant. It is installed the software in mass storage mode.

I've copied the maemo directory to the phone under the N900 folder. I can see it when I go the the FILE MANAGER and navigate to the N900 folder. I do not have a memory card installed.

I have the same problem. I start the app. The icon for GPS flashes for a bit and then nothing at all happens. I've switched it off and on. Any ideas... I've had Nokia phones for 20 years and I'm disappointed with how problematic this is.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
My N900 went corrupt rootfs and all. I had to send back to Nokia and get a replacement under warranty which they did.
Now when I enter activation code it says Code is already in use by another device(My old one). Anyone had similar problems and found a solution. I've E-mailed Sygic but still waiting for a response.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by SygicSupport View Post
@ growninc

Thanks a lot for detailed description. Few points to mention:

Mobile Maps 10 will bring many improvements in maps resulting in better experience with route calculation. However, the route calculation logic does not change against Mobile Maps 9. So in a specific situation like you describe, you may not get different routing results with Mobile Maps 10.

We are working on 2 changes which will deliver routes closer to your expectation:

1 - when taking a different route than originally calculated, a completely new route will be calculated sooner than it is being done currently. That means that the app will respond sooner to user's interest in his / her own route.

2 - we are implementing the feature to avoid specific roads - exactly as you suggested.

Both changes will take few months to implement - because an improvement in one country may result in worse results in other countries. A lot of finetuning and testing is necessary.

Thank you.

Sygic Support.
Thanks for your continued involvement in this thread and maintaining membership in this organization.

I have 2 questions if you don't mind answering please.

Will Mobile Maps 10 grab and use traffic info in North America?

...and.

How soon is soon?

I mean the past tense of a Nokia soon is " a while ago". Sygics seems to be "quite a while ago".

Just wondering...

(Scratches his head and seems to be using Co-Pilot on wifes Android more and more because it has live information about his intended route.)

SLN member # 009

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
My N900 went corrupt rootfs and all. I had to send back to Nokia and get a replacement under warranty which they did.
Now when I enter activation code it says Code is already in use by another device(My old one). Anyone had similar problems and found a solution. I've E-mailed Sygic but still waiting for a response.
Anyone had anything similar, ive got a big trip on this weekend and could do with it but Sygic are not replying.

Noone else has had to change phones??

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Noone else has had to change phones??
I bought Sygic(Europe) for my N97 and got this (faulty phone) replaced with a N900. Despite my repeated pleas Sygic refused to issue me with a new activation code. They kept insisting that the software was not compatible. I know Symbian code will not run on Maemo, but I already had Sygic running on my N900 I was just looking for a activation code - which their web site says they will provide if you change phones.

Hope you get your code from them, otherwise ....ahem

Q. Is MM10 available for N900 ?

--
HammY

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
SygicSupport: Any chance to have a details display option. When I browsing through map or driving I would like to have local roads displayed as well...not just wehn you slow down or zoom in.

Thanks

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Originally Posted by infected69 View Post
it did the job thx
Thanks for this guys....it worked.