Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Does that suggest SR is still a kind of folklore? Some devices can take it while some cannot? Perhaps some kind of 'fudge factor' set in /sys/power/ which is added to SR value. i.e. SR value+fudge factor (1, 2, 3, etc) to accommodate individual pieces of hardware?

We need results in order to conclude anything.
In case it matters. After I bought the N900 about one year ago I read everything there was about Maemo and the N900. At that point my general conclusion regarding SR was "stay away from it".

That's what I've done. No VDD1, no VDD2. My battery behaves consistently good (up to 5 days with little use). KP47, LV, 805Mhz max and no CSSU or crap-patches.

For all I care, kernel support as well as hardware itself is buggy when it comes to SmartReflex.

I know it's unsatisfying (not being able to fix a bug), but I would suggest forgetting about SmartReflex. Perhaps this would open more "resources" to fix and further develop compcache.

eh? Since kp49 smart reflex hoons like a boss. These battery drain issues are not SR related. I am just interested in your case as you seem to be a unique one.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Does that suggest SR is still a kind of folklore? Some devices can take it while some cannot? Perhaps some kind of 'fudge factor' set in /sys/power/ which is added to SR value. i.e. SR value+fudge factor (1, 2, 3, etc) to accommodate individual pieces of hardware?

We need results in order to conclude anything.
Well, what some devices cannot take is DSP overclocking and SR enabled. More precisely:

dsp kernel profile sets DSP clock to be 600 for MPU 805. Some devices cannot handle that. The solution is to move DSP overclocking to higher MPU frequencies, for example: (720,480) (805,560) (850,600) , where first comes MPU frequency, second - DSP. And maybe some devices cannot handle 600 for DSP at all or at least not bellow MPU@900. Nothing to be done here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
With my device, (2204) i confirm that all the problems are solved with vdd1=0 and the default profile.(no overclock)
NO instability, no problems recording/playing video, perfectly smooth and no battery drain.
As soon as i enable vdd1, i cannot play any video, cannot record, many dsp faults and battery drain...

Going back and setting vdd1=1 all the issues start again...

So, same phone, same apps, same clock profile.... only one bit of difference between one working phone and one apparently faulty device.

Last edited by xes; 2011-12-03 at 21:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@xes,

There you go. Now enjoy your working phone!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by xes View Post
With my device, (2204) i confirm that all the problems are solved with vdd1=0 and the default profile.(no overclock)
NO instability, no problems recording/playing video, perfectly smooth and no battery drain.
As soon as i enable vdd1, i cannot play any video, cannot record, many dsp faults and battery drain...

Going back and setting vdd1=1 all the issues start again...

So, same phone, same apps, same clock profile.... only one bit of difference between one working phone and one apparently faulty device.
Well, that is strange, seems my SR re-calculations will need an adjustment for the next KP. In that regard could you please post your "/sys/power/efuse_vdd1" values, along with voltages SR calculates when enabled.

Same here, as i previously posted, my device too (2104) cant pay video steadily with SR even for stock clocks, SD video just quits while playing back.

Also i didn't notice any improvement on battery life for the past couple of weeks with SR on, seemed it drained faster.

SR is not working for some devices for sure, so I'm back to using without SR until you hopefully update with new calibrations...etc

The issue is severe when battery level is low (close to emply) video just don't play for more than a few seconds or don't play at all.

I'm not too sure how power regulators are programmed/designed and whether there any load line calibration in place, instability might be caused because of a too high v drop when the mpu and dsp is loaded, i suspect this since the volts supplied is already very low.

Last edited by nkirk; 2011-12-04 at 15:54. Reason: :}

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Turning on SRVDD1 with kp49 from the repos makes DSP bomb out on undervoltage. Doesn't reboot the system though, so I'll give it that.

Oh well, it seems that my N900 just can't take SRVDD1.

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by pali View Post
multiboot-kernel-power is obsolated by package kernel-power-bootimg. So you need to install only kernel-power-bootimg!

Only if sombody write kernel driver for that...
Is not it possible to adapt NTFS-3G or any of the modules that support modules on today in the distributions?

NTFS-3G
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS-3G

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Stockport, UK
Hi,
I don't know if this is the correct thread, but as there were some battery drain problems in this thread before, I decided to post it here first.

This Friday evening, I charged my phone completely.
I then had to do a 999 call during the night at 2. Afterwards, I changed my profile to General in case they wanted to call me back.

When I woke up the next morning, my battery was drained.
Batterygraph showed a constant CPU usage.
Top showed the process pulseaudio to consume app. 13% of CPU.

I obviously cannot reproduce this (fake 999 calls are not really what I want to do), just to note it down somewhere so somebody can look into it.

Regards,
Jan

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou