Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Since when had Iphone an eventpage?
Since when had Iphone a decent camera
Since when had N9 400000 apps

If people is just looking at the UI and say "its a Iphone copy" then they dont know what theyr are talking about.

But yes it has SOME ideas from Iphone. But if that is copy well then everyone copy each other...
So you are saying that n9 isn't a iPhone clone?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So you are saying that n9 isn't a iPhone clone?
no its not.

It cant run Iphone apps

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I guess I have to buy one n9 and one IPhone5...

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I guess I have to buy one n9 and one IPhone5...
What you on? why would anybody want to buy an iphone ?

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I can't say I agree with aspects of your theory TBH...
Big one is that there's still not certainty about Elop ever saying N9 is the last MeeGo ph.
A non-English Euro rag was interviewing him when he reportedly said this.
But the English translation is open to interpretation, & we don't even know if what he said was reported correctly.

It's not conclusive until there's a comment direct from Nokia in a conference or whatever.
And I find it odd if there's an exclusivity agreement, why this has happened by now.

It may be merely an obligation for Elop, the board, & senior management.
But it's certainly not for engineers who put many years of blood, sweat, & tears into it.

Intel agreement was gradually morphing into a wonderful way to leverage their work even further, & amplify it.
We can see that now when we try to understand the MeeGo community, & how it interrelates with Harmattan.
In theory it's been killed, but in practice it looks like work proceeds as was originally planned, at least for now.
You make a fair point and you may be right, in fact I hope you are. However, I would say this, the news of Elop's statement spread across the internet. This translation was now being reported on popular English sites. If it was a complete fabrication then Nokia would issue a statement without even being asked because false information like that hurts the platform, it hurts developer support, the only reasons you wouldn't is if you were either really incompetent, did not care about the platform enough to bother, or it was true. I have learnt from my experience with the N900 and the complete silence at Nokia at the time about flash that you only continue with uncertainty when it is beneficial, it lets people still believe.

Edit: forgot to mention, I did not mean any disrespect to those actually working on Meego at Nokia. It was aimed at those at the top, Elop in particular. I know that some do love what they are working on, some even enough to walk out or protest when the news was announced.

Last edited by Cue; 2011-07-24 at 14:31.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
What you on? why would anybody want to buy an iphone ?
Just sitting in the sun at the moment with aniPad waiting for tabco to release a meego tab.

A bill...you have to know your enemy to be able to kill it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
**** the iphone. **** the ipad **** itunes **** apple.

Originally Posted by xalted13 View Post
**** the iphone. **** the ipad **** itunes **** apple.
Why hate apple. They give you innovation from time to time. You don't have to buy their products. But you should still respect them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
A bill...you have to know your enemy to be able to kill it.
So very true.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Why hate apple. They give you innovation from time to time. You don't have to buy their products. But you should still respect them.
I will never respect their ideology. I'm not saying their products are bad. They create amazing products. They just lock people in their own little world. Most closed off company by far. Their innovation strategy is complete ******** as well. They know what they could do but release every little new feature on a new phone. Itunes is complete **** though. It's called copy and paste its the best system for getting music onto my mp3 player and it doesn't require a several hundred megabyte program that installs a lot of crap i don't want to do it.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????