Notices

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
User Update:

Tested again today on a journey into and out of London. No lag to report. Speed camera detection very good. Voice navigation commands spot on.

The only weird thing to report is that when approaching a roundabout the voice navigation will say something like "Go straight over the roundabout".

That's not strange you might think to yourself, but it will say that for every roundabout even if you have to take the first, second or third turn-off.

Other than that - am pretty pleased with performance now. As others have mentioned. Pricing will be key to my decision though as if it is too expensive then I will simply buy a decent dedicated sat nav. If the pricing is spot on I would get the Sygic.

I don't know why the launch has been delayed and the earlier news about it already been submitted to OVI and hitting a glitch seems to be false to me because of the updates that are being issued and fixes that have been worked on.

I think that they must be just smoothing out the final noticeable bugs.

I will see if I can find out the final launch date next week.
Maybe sygic is waiting for NOKIA to get their store up properly before they release it....

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
i don't think so because they are definately working on bugs so i can only assume that they are ironing them out.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

The Following User Says Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
well...glad for your continuing feedback...I am very interest in this app...I would hate to have to pull out my n82 every time I go somewhere....

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Except that it doesn't look like they'll sell the N900 version with "Europe" maps, just individual countries/regions. I would need at least 3 purchases to cover the regions I need, so unless they're much cheaper than for other platforms (EUR 49.99 for UK & Ireland) it would cost a fortune :-(
Dear Ima,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Katarina and I work s Technical Support at Sygic company.To your question: I have great news! Sygic will sell individual packages of groups of countries, but also package of whole Europe and package of all US countries.

So you don't need to buy two packages, but all in one.

For more information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Katarina

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to polarnicka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Originally Posted by polarnicka View Post
Dear Ima,
Sygic will sell individual packages of groups of countries, but also package of whole Europe and package of all US countries.

Katarina
"All US Countries"? I am confused

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
"All US Countries"? I am confused
All the ONE US country... though I think she meant all the US states. Either way, the entire US. I guess she could have meant all the American countries?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Madrid
Originally Posted by polarnicka View Post
Dear Ima,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Katarina and I work s Technical Support at Sygic company.To your question: I have great news! Sygic will sell individual packages of groups of countries, but also package of whole Europe and package of all US countries.

Katarina
Katarina, thanks for this! Can you give us an idea of the proces?

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland
When the app is going to be released?
First december, then january, now february...

Its been 3 month, Im asking how long?

Originally Posted by stantheboss View Post

same here....... maybe 2011

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by stantheboss View Post

I have asked twice this week but have not had a reply as yet.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn