Active Topics

added n9-button-monitor and n9bm-toggle to openrepos

https://openrepos.net/content/telesh...button-monitor
https://openrepos.net/content/teleshoes/n9bm-toggle

Code:
deb http://harmattan.openrepos.net/teleshoes personal main

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Is there way to get snapshot working with action like up down up?

I want that because I use double press up for torch and double pressdown for cyclotron.
Another reason is that I use short double press time 250ms but I dont always manage to press so fast and snapshot needs to be more reliable.

Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
Is there way to get snapshot working with action like up down up?

I want that because I use double press up for torch and double pressdown for cyclotron.
Another reason is that I use short double press time 250ms but I dont always manage to press so fast and snapshot needs to be more reliable.
nope, sorry, patterns are not available in 0.5.4.

this is certainly possible to code, and i might add something like it eventually. {in fact, you used to be able to specify arbitrary patterns like hold up, double-tap down, release up, but it was too complicated, both in the code, and in the complex hand maneuvering. the way it is now, with default timeouts, i dont make mistakes. with the patterns and the rigorous timeouts needed to make sure overlapping patterns work, i fukt up more often than i actually clicked it correctly}

personally, i like triple-tap-up for snapshot, but i dont think i could do it in 1/4 of a second. {for my double/triple timeouts, i use 400ms/600ms.} so far, ive managed to use it several times to great success, but just as often im too slow to capture the Moment.
you might also want to consider double-tap lock.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Ok I come back when/if you do it someday.
I use short delay on double press because I have many times found that my flashlight is on in my pocket, I dont know how that's possible.
Yes, I know there's timeout for flashlight.
I dont like treble press because with short delay that I need I need sometimes try start flashlight few times so it would probably take pictures when I am trying.
I dont like double press to unlock and if that single press powerbutton was snapshot my memory would be soon full of black pictures.

Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
Ok I come back when/if you do it someday.
I use short delay on double press because I have many times found that my flashlight is on in my pocket, I dont know how that's possible.
Yes, I know there's timeout for flashlight.
I dont like treble press because with short delay that I need I need sometimes try start flashlight few times so it would probably take pictures when I am trying.
heh, yea. ok, i will let you know if i do it

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Then I have another thing.
I disabled camera sound from camera.py (just messed filename)
(Yes, I am secred spy)

Could notification led be used to tell that picture is taken. 0.5sec light when taking and another 0.5 sec when saved.

Thanks.

sounds cool. assuming that LED patterns are easy to fire, ill try to do it soon-ish.

initial proposal for next release is to add the following options:
1) quickSnapShutterSound {default is none}
2) quickSnapSaveSound {default is snd_camera_shutter.wav}
3) quickSnapShutterLEDPattern {default is blink}
4) quickSnapSaveLEDPattern {default is blink twice}
5) quickSnapShutterCmd {default is none}
6) quickSnapSaveCmd {default is none}

what you can do, temporarily, is bind another action to the same sequence, to run a command that performs the led notify. it will fire roughly 3s before the picture is snapped.

Originally Posted by wolke View Post
It will fire roughly 3s before the picture is snapped.
I can just add sleep delay then.

Thanks

Edit: Here is python script that uses led: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91044

Last edited by Mikkosssss; 2013-08-22 at 18:24.

Thanks for a great app. I installed it and it works with camera and musicplayer, but I cant get the torch to work. According to the default file it should start when holding volume+ when on stand-by screen? Am I stupid who can't make it work? (not necessary to answer ).
That feature would be so nice to have. Anyone who can help me?

Originally Posted by masen View Post
Thanks for a great app. I installed it and it works with camera and musicplayer, but I cant get the torch to work. According to the default file it should start when holding volume+ when on stand-by screen? Am I stupid who can't make it work? (not necessary to answer ).
That feature would be so nice to have. Anyone who can help me?
try closing any camera apps and other torch apps first. only one app can control the camera at a time.

try holding it for ~10s just to make sure your phone isnt being sluggish.
the button push takes about 1s to start, to make sure you meant to hold it down, and then the torch normally takes about 3s to start, but maybe yours is taking longer.

try rebooting {note that n9bm doesnt start up as soon as the phone boots; extra applications are made to wait until all system services starts. this means that after you reboot, it takes 1-3min for n9bm to turn on}

try normal flash in camera; maybe your hardware is defective?

Tags
harmattan, nokia n9