Active Topics

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Of course it doesn't, because of many reasons, some of which are
i'm pretty sure that you could just write generic c/c++ code and compile it on device. if you need stuff like the qt libs for a fancy UI, even those should be possible to manually link against.

the sdk just preps all that for you in a nice package, but using build-essentials on-device is still possible, no?
since meego is OSS, the ARM headers and -dev packages are available, aren't they?

the meego wiki is only talking about its OBS based infrastructure, but i imagine that development .deb packages for harmattan will be made available, if they aren't already?

edit:
kinda missed your point e) there
so yea, still possible for "cool hackers" :P

Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
It has double the GPU power and (almost) double the CPU power, double the flash, plus quadruple of your N900's RAM.
It has the same GPU , and the N900 CPU can run very well at 1 ghz , even at 1150 , let's say the n9 cpu could go to 1.5ghz so here is the "double power" , but what about GPU ?

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
The same Cortex A8 and GPU... No keyboard, no swype, no HDMI. Very funny.

No more nokia, Samsung Galaxy S2 rules!

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Testing the latest Qt SDK with Maemo Harmattan support with emulator, itsdogslow cause if software rendering probadly cause my hostsystem doesnt support HW rendering in QEmu (NVdidia closed source crap :-@

But if people want to try play with the harmattan download latest SDK

http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/06/21/...to-the-qt-sdk/

Btw... Dont forget N900CE summerrelease tomorrow :-D

Hell I must say there is much cool stuff coming atm :-D

Now we all should start develop apps working both for N900 and the new device and make sure MrFlop is wrong so we see more devices in the future

Maybe one with QWERTY

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
The N9 looks like a super choice for replacing my N8-00. It has the smoothness and slickness I thought I'd see on the N8-00 but have not seen to date. This is in no way a replacement for the N900

I'll keep on using the N900 until it breaks, then I'll get my backup N900 out and use it until it breaks. Hopefully by then someone will have a suitable replacement. Might even be Nokia.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
Remember to vote to keep MeeGo alive!
http://twitition.com/3c3ah

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
"Can you explain the last episode of 'Lost' too?"
yes i can.. what do you want to know

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by taril View Post
The same Cortex A8 and GPU... No keyboard, no swype, no HDMI. Very funny.

No more nokia, Samsung Galaxy S2 rules!
How can you be sure GPU is less good than in the SII? Have you actually tried the device(s)!?

History has shown that Android needs more CPU clock than Maemo too run smooth...

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
How the hell can Mobile Crunch be called anything Mobile when this kind of typo happens? Just goes to show how much they know about it all:

"If you’re willing to take a dive into MeeGo 1.2 Hatterman, the Nokia N9 is looking like a pretty great choice."

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2011/06/...f-meego-magic/

Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
You know, someone could offer me a 2Ghz quadcore with 2 GB of RAM and a 20 MP camera running Android for the same price and I wouldn't be interested.

Specs mean nothing, unless everything else is equal.

I'd rather have a phone that is a joy to use in every day life, than one that pushes a few more polygons per second or allows me to keep 200 instead of just 100 apps running at the same time.
Well that is entirely a personal preference. Each person has to decide what is right for them. I wasn't touting Android over Meego. I was simply attempting to point out that the S2 is , hardware wise, not just something that looks good on paper.

You may want to perhaps take a deep breath and not kneejerk react to every post that isn't a "Wow the n9 is the second coming of Jesus" posting.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????