Active Topics

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
I know this is a feature request, but is there hope of A2DP for Diablo or must I wait longer for my BT headphones to be useful again?
I installed the latest SSU, so far I notices modest has changed with display for rotation, which works... kind of. It rotates but hildon doesnt like the size and using it is difficult.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Any chance to add DSP speed tuning? This allows the DSP to be locked to a max frequency of 133 to allow the ARM to stay at 400 when audio is active. This is nice when listening to MP3s and browsing the web.

See here for details. The kernel is under the section PPTP client and kernel with MPPE support. Then look at N800/810 - IT2008 version 5.2008.43-7 (latest Diablo).

The changes define a tunable, /sys/power/op_dsp, 0 is 400/133, 1 is 330/220.

thanks,
Frank

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
I vote for including the dsp patch

Thirding the DSP patch. Excellent find, Frank!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Weird; I powered up my second N800, I installed the enabler and then tried to install the unlocked SSU via HAM. It said that all sorts of dependencies were missing. They looked like the contents of the SSU!

So I gained root, did apt-get update and apt-get install osso-software-version-rx34-unlocked so I could send the errors, but everything worked fine...

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ oregon woods
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Weird; I powered up my second N800, I installed the enabler and then tried to install the unlocked SSU via HAM. It said that all sorts of dependencies were missing. They looked like the contents of the SSU!

So I gained root, did apt-get update and apt-get install osso-software-version-rx34-unlocked so I could send the errors, but everything worked fine...
yeah i had to do the same thing to get the community SSU to install on my n810.

not sure whats up with that.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oh I also had to manually run flash-and-reboot to get the SSU kernel...

Should "about product" report anything different?

Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post
Any chance to add DSP speed tuning? This allows the DSP to be locked to a max frequency of 133 to allow the ARM to stay at 400 when audio is active.
No objections to making it tunable, as long as it defaults to the previous behaviour (ie, no surprises to users who don't know/care about it). Anyone feel like isolating that specific patch?

I don't suppose you saved the HAM log?

Oh I also had to manually run flash-and-reboot to get the SSU kernel...
Yeah, that is handled by HAM and won't trigger via an apt-get upgrade.

Should "about product" report anything different?
Just the version number (should start with "5.2010"). /etc/osso_software_version and the output of /usr/bin/osso-product-info should be similarly updated.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mgamerz View Post
I know this is a feature request, but is there hope of A2DP for Diablo or must I wait longer for my BT headphones to be useful again?
What's the current state of the art on this? I don't own such a headset so never paid much attention to the subject and obviously I can't test anything. The only relevant bug seems to be 667.

I installed the latest SSU, so far I notices modest has changed with display for rotation, which works... kind of. It rotates but hildon doesnt like the size and using it is difficult.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, could you provide a screenshot with some explanation perhaps?

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo