Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
Looks good

Shouldn't I be getting an exclamation mark, to indicate that there's an update ready for my Extras installation ?

Yup (unless you have extras-testing or extras-devel repository enabled).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Yup (unless you have extras-testing or extras-devel repository enabled).
I don't, and I'm still not getting any message ?

I have 0.4.2.1-1fremantle13 installed, so the other one should be newer.

Last edited by real_per; 2009-12-18 at 01:45.

It depends on when your device checks for updates, I don't think each one does it at the same time. If you want to force it, you can go into application manager and go to update. Or go to download and tap the middle top and hit refresh.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i got the update earlier and i got no update notification also even after refreshing catalogues, I only knew i had it b/c it was in updates list, strange it never notified me considering it was sitting in app manager updates

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Not sure how this will apply to your NextGen UI, but in terms of the current version, why not have UP and DOWN arrow icons on your toolbar next to the hand. Clicking these would function the same as pressing the keyboard up and down arrows (better still, make it user configurable as to whether these icons mimic UP arrow (pixel pan) or the bigger CTRL-UP arrow pan).

At least then, if you need to pan down, you don't have to go out of whatever mode you are in by selecting the Hand, then pan, then re-select your previous mode - just click on the down arrow (or long press icon to continuously pan down).

(Apologies if this has already been discussed - I haven't read the entire thread).

Last edited by Zelig87; 2009-12-18 at 12:05.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Updates worked seamlessly for me - little yellow icon when I woke up, downloaded and applied.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
In Portrait mode, zoom out to the point where you can see the entire page on screen (with empty space around it).

If you then zoom in one level, the height of the background page fits the entire screen perfectly, but the width of the background page is wider than the screen, requiring you to pan left or right.

Can that zoom level in Portrait mode be set to be the max width of the screen. Presumably this will leave a little bit of blank space vertically, but at least this view you would give you the maximum zoom whilst still seeing the entire page.

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Dumb question:

today I installed Xournal. Using Conky to track rootfs space because I enabled extras-testing, i noticed that free space dropped from 54 to 42 Mb.
I checked the non-opt space used with kwotsky's perl script, and as other used found, it reported 576k.
Is it perhaps some dependency that uses 12 megs of precious rootfs room???
Any clue?

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Yes, Xournal depends on some non-yet-optified libraries.

Next version will all be optified.