Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Why not donate to some open source apps from the community?
And how do i do that?

Do we have a donate button anywhere?

anyone working on voice navigation?

Last edited by Dave999; 2010-03-10 at 11:50.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Why not donate to some open source apps from the community?
like the ps1 emu !!

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ cumbria
can anybody help me???
the ovi store and maemo worked fine and now all of a sudden it says ovi store in not available for my device and it can't connect to maemo
anybody have any ideas, its like this n900 has a mind of its own

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Ovi store is being updated to properly support Maemo.

so you think its just an update??? has this happened to people before

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Why is anyone worried about the fact it isnt there! Its had no new content for like the last month or so and is utter tosh! :P

i know the ovi store isn't much cop like, i was just concerned because everything was working fine one day and not the next

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Nokia announced it would be down on Monday for an update. So true to form, they actually took it down about half way through Tuesday, and it's been down ever since.

The hopeful thing is that when it recovers, we might actually get some decent content.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Nokia announced it would be down on Monday for an update. So true to form, they actually took it down about half way through Tuesday, and it's been down ever since.

The hopeful thing is that when it recovers, we might actually get some decent content.
In fairness, it was down all day yesterday as promised. And by down, it was really completely down, not just unreachable from devices.
It actually came back up yesterday about 45 minutes early, and while you can select N900's as your chosen device when visiting it directly from a PC, it won't open directly from the device, presumably due to some further extended maintenance dealing with bringing proper Maemo compatability to the store.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by nidO View Post
In fairness, it was down all day yesterday as promised. And by down, it was really completely down, not just unreachable from devices.
It actually came back up yesterday about 45 minutes early, and while you can select N900's as your chosen device when visiting it directly from a PC, it won't open directly from the device, presumably due to some further extended maintenance dealing with bringing proper Maemo compatability to the store.
One can but hope that 'proper maemo compatability' will mean an end to quantities of paid apps that don't actually run on the device.

I didn't notice that it was down yesretday - I noticed the anxieties today that it's not reachable from the device.