Notices

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Ok I got the custom-release pack to work The one you're directed to on the first page of this thread. Is that the latest?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by RenaldoTT View Post
Ok I got the custom-release pack to work The one you're directed to on the first page of this thread. Is that the latest?
The link at the top of post 2 is to the latest version, yes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
The link at the top of post 2 is to the latest version, yes.
Alright well I got that one to work, can I post up noob instructions, because the one on there was took me two days to wrap my head around and I only got to understand by using what you showed me and doing some digging myself. I think it would be appreciated for those not used to X Terminal to have somewhere to go for perfectly clear instructions. Is that alright?

The Following User Says Thank You to RenaldoTT For This Useful Post:
Alright well I got that one to work, can I post up noob instructions, because the one on there was took me two days to wrap my head around and I only got to understand by using what you showed me and doing some digging myself. I think it would be appreciated for those not used to X Terminal to have somewhere to go for perfectly clear instructions. Is that alright?
I can't see anyone having a problem with that, no. Simple instructions are always useful.

K cool. I'll have it up hopefully by the end of the day in a new thread for easy access as this one has many pages already.

K cool. I'll have it up hopefully by the end of the day in a new thread for easy access as this one has many pages already.
Please don't start a new thread, just add it to this one. If your instructions are clear and useful then they can be linked to from the start of the thread. Adding a new thread will just mean users will get confused about which thread to read (or it'll just get merged back into this one).

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Please don't start a new thread, just add it to this one. If your instructions are clear and useful then they can be linked to from the start of the thread. Adding a new thread will just mean users will get confused about which thread to read (or it'll just get merged back into this one).
kk no problem

Alright this is what I did to install the "custom-release" Angry Birds level pack.

These are the same instructions as the creator posted but are more Noob friendly.

The entire process once followed exactly won't harm your device but I still warn you to place no blame upon me or anyone if anything is to go wrong. I will however try to help where possible.

Well firstly, download the "custom-release.gz" folder to either your PC or to MyDocs on your N900.

When this is finished you'll need to extract the contents and to do this we use X Terminal. So if the folder is on your PC transfer it to MyDocs on your N900.

Open up X Terminal and get rooted (you must have rootsh installed to do this). To get rooted type "sudo gainroot".

Now you got to change the directory to where you placed the "custom-release.gz" folder. If you placed it into "MyDocs" then to change/go into the MyDocs directory type "cd /home/user/MyDocs" (spell exactly as shown)

Now you're working in MyDocs and you want up extract the folder "custom" from "custom-release.gz". To do this type "tar xzf custom-release.gz".

Now you want to be in the new "custom" folder which was extracted from "custom-release.gz" so type "cd /home/user/MyDocs/custom or just "cd custom". To verify if "custom" is in MyDocs use Cute Explorer or your File Manager to browse MyDocs.

Now we are almost finish. Type "sh setup-cust-AB" finally "sh run-cust".

Now the level pack you originally had has been replaced with the custom levels.
To go back to the original ones go back into X Terminal and get rooted again then change directory to custom (by typing "cd custom") and then typing "sh run-rovio". If you didn't close off X Terminal after getting the custom levels then just type "sh run-rovio" to revert/go back to the original Angry Birds levels.

It is suggested that before you perform an OS upgrade or buy and download the OFFICIAL LEVELS to go back into "custom" (cd custom) and run the command "sh run-rest".

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
sorry not been on here in a wee bit.

has any one been using the custom levels since we got the upgrade.
(i havent bothered what with having designed and played them)

but i though some of the pieces id used had changed properties causing the levels to colapse to the ground.

is this not the case?

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovakia/Bratislava
Ok guys, this is my first public custom level for AngryBirds 1.3.x
Just rename it to Level1.lua and overwrite /opt/rovio/angrybirds/data/levels/pack1/Level1.lua
It's very easy to beat, but it's my first, so I'm only learning to do it right.
My personal record for the level is: 157390
it's been done with: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...659#post862659
here is screenshot of the level:
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: txt Level1.txt (16.9 KB, 230 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forcer For This Useful Post: