Active Topics

Notices

Problems with BMW 525D 2005, E61, need HELP Please !!

Last edited by duleslo; 2010-11-25 at 18:32.

Hy,
My car is a vauxhall - insignia.
The app works, but I have problems with the sorting.
Some of the names are not in order, and located after the sorted ones.
So when I start to search a name like "Lisa", I click on the button "JKL" and the cursor jumps not to the list which is in the ABC stile but goes directly to the new list beginning under the Z.
So I had to go manually all the way up through all the names until the "L's"- this is not handy. In the car there is not so much time to go through all the (in my case 350or more) contacts.
Can anyone help? - Have you the same problem?

Also there is a problem with the outgoing/incoming/missed list.
These lists are transmitted, but there are names in, with whom I have long had no contact. Moreover, these seem to be randomly taken from the phonebook. By the way, the names in outgoing, incoming and missed, are all the same.

The app worked fine for a few days, but than this problems appear.
I installed an app named MyContacts, but it seams this is not making the troubles.

Greetings!

Originally Posted by Graham Cobb View Post
By the way, looking at the hcidump output in wireshark I noticed a bug: in some circumstances the vcard has an N: line with only one ";". This is wrong -- every N: line must always have exactly four semicolons.
Ah, that rings a bell. I have some notes to that effect, the gist of it is:

Steps:
1. Export contacts (either 2.1 or 3.0 format, doesn't matter)
2. Run "grep '^N:' * | tr -dc ';\n' ';' | sort -u" in the output directory

Expected:
;;;;

Actual:
;
;;;;

but I never got around to filing a bug report, sorry :-( I think I may had decided vcard export was too broken to bother, for instance some of the vcards didn't even have an N: attribute to begin with.

Which code creates the vcard itself? Is it part of this project or part of the N900 contacts code?
Probably the latter, I'm guessing e_vcard_to_string().

Originally Posted by cevenn View Post
Hi.
Sorry for my english...
Root run means you're boot as Root, as system admin. You'll need to install rootsh before: be carefull, you'll be able to do "everything" in your N900...
To place the 2 .deb in a folder, you can use the app Filebox, with more access (you can be "root") than the original file manager, or you can use "Winscp" on your computer with "Open ssh" installed on your phone, for exemple, with wifi connexion.
If it's well done, your phone contact list will sync with your carkit everytime they'll connect together.
Hope you'll understand everything!
And don't feel old, I'm from 1966...
So Sorry, I still can't get this to work! Does anyone have the time to do REALLY simple Step By Step instructions please. I have dowloaded and installed Rootsh, and I have both of the Obex files in a folder named BTFIX on the device (In My Documents!) but not sure if they have to be installed in the "Root"
I feel reall stupid, as I'm sure it's quite simple if you know your way around the OS of the N900

Here's hoping one last time!!!

Cheers.

Andrew

(43 years old......... and getting older buy the second!!!)

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Anyone who knows, it works with Opel UHP?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philly
Originally Posted by andrew_1967 View Post
So Sorry, I still can't get this to work! Does anyone have the time to do REALLY simple Step By Step instructions please. I have dowloaded and installed Rootsh, and I have both of the Obex files in a folder named BTFIX on the device (In My Documents!) but not sure if they have to be installed in the "Root"
Assuming you already have rootsh installed and the correct deb files are on your phone, here is what I would do:
1 Open Xterm and type "sudo gainroot"
2 cd "<path of deb files>" e.g: cd /home/user/MyDocs/BTFIX
3 type "dpkg -i *.deb"
4 Reboot your phone

Optional steps:
Delete your carkit from Bluetooth devices before step 1 and pair it again after reboot.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerone For This Useful Post:
@teddy3:

I have an Opel Insignia - works fine. But not the outgoing/incoming/missed list.

You have a list of cars and the app here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_PBAP

Opel is called Vauxhall in GB and USA. Only here in Austria and in Germany Vauxhaul is Opel.

I think it might be todays upgrade pr1.3 but it errors on install & claims it's the wrong version & exits.

Cary

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Originally Posted by andrew_1967 View Post
I feel reall stupid, as I'm sure it's quite simple if you know your way around the OS of the N900

Here's hoping one last time!!!

Cheers.

Andrew

(43 years old......... and getting older buy the second!!!)

Hi.
You just need to follow step 3 on the wiki page: http://wiki.maemo.org/Bluetooth_PBAP

For step 3, you open xterminal on the N900, then type "sudo gainroot" and press enter: now you're as root!

Then you type in xterminal this command (replace /home/user/mypackages with the path to the folder where you placed the files, the one you call BTFIX):
cd /home/user/mypackages
dpkg -i *.deb

and press enter

Then, close Xterminal and reboot your phone.
It's better to delete your bluetooth device from the N900 before, an pair them again after the reboot.

Et voilą!

Last edited by cevenn; 2010-12-10 at 11:52.

The Following User Says Thank You to cevenn For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Just for report, latest version 35 with PR1.3 and Renault Megane III coupe , all is working perfect ( voice dial, phonebook, ...) , even media player control

A nice thing can be latest AVRCP profile support for version 1.4 so text can be displayed.

Fabrice

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile