Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by shinogami View Post
They didn't fake the stills, just the video. They specifically stated this. Some website claims that the night-shots were faked because of the way some lights looked. It didn't make any sense to me, and not a single techblog is reporting it, only the part about the video with the reflection of the van.
No, actually, if you read the articles and look at the highlights in the evidence, you'll note that there were pictures of people with heavy gear--not cameras--like the one in the shadow and then there's the behind-the-scenes images with clearly more professional gear taking the photos. Again, you're not really bothering to read the stuff being cited here and you look unqualified to discuss this with us yet. Please go back and study and try again. Thanks for trying, though.

Note: The Lumia 920 pictures in this post were taken using prototype hardware and software, and then reduced dramatically in size. In addition, the OIS video, above, was not shot using the Lumia 920. We apologise for any confusion on this point.
http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/...he-next-level/
You neglected to post the reply to that quote above:
"still fake, if lumia 920 look nothing like this we will know , mobile review, and gsmarena showing full resolution and comparing them"

If you're going to quote a non-Nokia person making excuses, I'm justified to reply in kind for the opposing argument--with the addition of evidence that has already been outlined here in the thread. Nokia botched this up--just admit it and move on so we can talk about their presentation and about the stock.

Originally Posted by deviantv1ral View Post
the still with the night shot and light flares of the girl with moving traffic are NOT the 920, because flares require smaller aperture, this one
Source:http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_...-news-4769.php

but the girl in the park i believe are actual pics of the 920, this one

however here's a demo of the 920, s3, and 4s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYYr1cG8hEY
NOTE:flash with the 920 was a focusing light not a flash.
source: video itself.

but with anything announce i reserve final judgment till the final product that i can see for myself, especially the ips display. i love amoled and "always on" clock and notifications

till then still wanna look at nexus device and gonna use my n900

cheers!
This is exactly what I've been pointing out with the articles and you're right. Plus--you make a very fair statement that I had to learn the hard way about ANYTHING Nokia:

Wait until you see one in your own hands and then give it a little more time, before you buy it, to see how Nokia handles that product. NEVER buy anything Nokia on blind faith or promises. Nokia has had a poor track record of nearly always ultimately screwing customers in the end one way or another more than any other major manufacturer.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi

Somebody walked by the photo shoot in Helsinki and took his own picture.

Click to get full sized picture. Note the professional lighting gear and on the left edge a partly seen tripod and what appears to be a DSLR.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post

Somebody walked by the photo shoot in Helsinki and took his own picture.

Click to get full sized picture. Note the professional lighting gear and on the left edge a partly seen tripod and what appears to be a DSLR.
You might as well discuss angels and pins. Seriously, soon we will have tons of "reviews" 920 vs iPhone vs SGS3 vs whatever. In the mean time the focus is on Nokia. It's all just a show.

Now, go home, drink your milk and go to sleep.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
You might as well discuss angels and pins. Seriously, soon we will have tons of "reviews" 920 vs iPhone vs SGS3 vs whatever. In the mean time the focus is on Nokia. It's all just a show.

Now, go home, drink your milk and go to sleep.
Yes, except we discuss Nokia and stock value. Until there ARE actual units to "review", the focus will continue to be on this silly announcement show and the marketing around it.

Now, go out, drink yourself drunk and go to sleep.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Now, go out, drink yourself drunk and go to sleep.

Way ahead of you...

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

Way ahead of you...
Why isn't there a LIKE button on this thread?? UGH! This is why we can't have nice things!

I was wondering myself how the shares could drop 15% the very day of the announcement of the new flagship unit (and its smaller companion). After some thought I came up with following main reasons:
  • somewhat unrefined presentation (we're used to it, though)
  • mention of WP8, but nothing about why it's better than the current version
  • no mention of release date and price point
  • no tablet! - several other makers have announce W8 tablets a few days ago
  • using Pureview brand that even main stream media covered as meaning 41MP, yet on the new flagship it means 8MP with image stabilization and some post-processing
  • since the stock price is so low it is a target for high profile speculators playing their games, e.g. pumping the price on the ramp-up to the event, then dumping it (also note the spikes due to after-hour trading)
And all this even before the fake-footage story went through all the blogs.. Poor Microkia..

I find it odd that someone with no interaction would want to pick this thread to jump in and sing praises of Windows Phone and how it's natural for the unenlightened to be against it but it's surely the fantastic choice.

Anyway, just to end the discussion on the fakes, it has been confirmed that the stills were faked too, and anyone who claimed differently is now once and forever proved to be peremptory with no basis in fact. There.

The official story is that the images were made to illustrate a difference between image stabilization and no image stabilization. The girl-in-helsinki-at-night scene had professional lightning and a system camera were used. Anyway, they say that without professional lightning, even a system camera would not be able to take that photo, because where she's standing, she'd not have a street light near and she'd not be front lit like that. And then, a picture from the photo shoot surfaced, so that's that.

Image stabilization can't add a large light source, it turns out.

A source

Last edited by volt; 2012-09-07 at 12:31.

Nok1V stocks, Euros, Helsinki.
1 week view.

Investors and analysts already know ads are lies and don't seem to care much about the faked images story. Damage seems to be negligible, down yesterday and up today.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Its a great phone guys, and I love my email and WP8 email is the best!!!
As I said, if I can adjust my fonts on this baby, I am buying it!!

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha