Active Topics

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
It may have been asked in one of the 255 pages ...but is there any way to set folder to be ignored in the gallery section. I have over 1000 album art pictures clogging it up along with a load of pictures from a car manual taht I would like to exclude.

Many thanks
Just add a dot at the beginning of your foldername ... or is this not working on Jolla?

Edit: Just tested and it's working as expected.

Last edited by willi6868; 2014-01-27 at 15:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to willi6868 For This Useful Post:
hmm i cant seem to import vcf files, theres no options for it under settings,apps,people. am also using the latest update, anybody any ideas

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I have just read about this new package in Debian Unstable for mounting MTP gadgets as a filesystem:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/jmtpfs

I'm sure lot of people will be interested

Waiting for a hardware keyboard for Jolla, surviving with a N900 without USB port. an external charger and two batteries.

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
hmm i cant seem to import vcf files, theres no options for it under settings,apps,people. am also using the latest update, anybody any ideas
vcf files. place them in the downloads folder.
then go to settings -> apps -> people

there should be an option on the 2nd half of the screen for "From file" and you should see your vcf files automatically detected. tap on the file to import.

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by droll View Post

there should be an option on the 2nd half of the screen for "From file" and you should see your vcf files automatically detected. tap on the file to import.
Tried that tbh, no luck, I ended up uploading them to google and syncing, once two-way syncing was available that was my plan to have constantly backed up contacts tbh, but i suppose just gotta wait it out.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@m4r0v3r
Why don't you try the following:
Code:
invoker --type=generic vcardconverter bigfile.vcf
I imported ~1000 contacts that way.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@m4r0v3r
Why don't you try the following:
Code:
invoker --type=generic vcardconverter bigfile.vcf
I imported ~1000 contacts that way.
I would but its way too late now :P

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by droll View Post

And before you do that it is a good idea to place all your .vcf files into a single file. Then import is a single click of a single file

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
too late! Oh well at least you know. I did mine one by one the first time around.

Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
Just add a dot at the beginning of your foldername ... or is this not working on Jolla?

Edit: Just tested and it's working as expected.
Whilst this stops album art in the Gallery it also stops the music showing in the Media gallery

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience