Notices

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Cape Town, South Africa
Originally Posted by Ele-Mental View Post
Didnt your backup restore all your apps?
My backup was a few days old and I'd made some changes. Typical that the whole fiasco happened when I least expected it . Ah well...live and learn (hopefully!!)

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Cape Town, South Africa
Originally Posted by Tiboric View Post
You could of just flashed the kernel(saved all your apps):
flasher-3.5 -F ''image''--flash-only=kernel -f

e.g(sudo /home/User/Desktop/maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2/flasher-3.5 -F /home/john/Desktop/maemo_flasher-3.5_2.5.2.2/RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f ) is what is did.

(hope thats right)
Thanks but I dont mind that I flashed it. Just wanna backup pics and music now and then do a proper clean up. I've been doing some heavy (nOOb-ian) messing with the phone lately. Thats why I love my N900

as i said yesterday it`s battery problem, from sure its battery 10000% enjoy also if can`t charge you can check http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Univers...9564183&sr=1-2 or buy something similar, very good for people with screw usb in

Last edited by afteris; 2010-11-12 at 12:17.

Originally Posted by turbowei View Post
How did u get it fixed??

Thanks!
I was on kernel power 42 when I upgraded to 44, that's when I got the freezing issue. Then I flashed back to the stock kernel using the flasher program. That allowed me to boot the n900, where I was able to downgrade to the 43 version. From there I upgraded to 45 and so far no problems. Of course I also installed the updated fcam drivers from titan for the camera. Hope this helps!

On another note, I have noticed that the n900 cannot be rebooted with kernel power 45? By reboot i mean using the hidden reboot button. Is this a known issue?

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by endarphase View Post
On another note, I have noticed that the n900 cannot be rebooted with kernel power 45? By reboot i mean using the hidden reboot button. Is this a known issue?
Not for me. Just rebooted and it worked fine. With all that u-boot stuff it takes much longer until the device reacts again but in the end, it boots up fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by endarphase View Post
See post 243. Since that post I needed to reboot a 5th time (and it rebooted ok without powering off) because my audio didn't work. I thought it might be because of v45 kernel, so I reflashed to stock PR1.3 kernel and audio is still borked.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
has anybody encountered problem like this:
on v42 phone reboots right after loading ideal settings
kernel-config load ideal->applied succesfully->2s->reboot

on v44 got stuck at u-boot (h/w 2204)
on v45 same as v42

i don't have fcam (or do i?,how to check if/ver?)
in last month reflashed few times and never installed bless

cheers

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by bald.eagle.one View Post
i don't have fcam (or do i?,how to check if/ver?)
in last month reflashed few times and never installed bless
You can simply open xterm and call
Code:
dpkg -l | grep fcam
You don't need to be root for that. You'll see wether fcam is installed (line starts with ii) or not. Maybe it has been installed and is uninstalled now but not completely purged (line starts with rc).
If line starts with something else post again

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Friends,

I'm on PR 1.2 and installed the latest power45 kernel, if I press any key during the U Boot load cycle I get an interesting command prompt where I can type "help" and various commands, but within 5 seconds or so the N900 turns off.

Is this normal? Is there any way to stay in that command mode and not have the N900 turn off (I'm guessing it's "bootloader command mode?)

As a side note, if I do not press anything the N900 boots normally into PR 1.2.

Originally Posted by mail_e36 View Post
Friends,

I'm on PR 1.2 and installed the latest power45 kernel, if I press any key during the U Boot load cycle I get an interesting command prompt where I can type "help" and various commands, but within 5 seconds or so the N900 turns off.

Is this normal? Is there any way to stay in that command mode and not have the N900 turn off (I'm guessing it's "bootloader command mode?)

As a side note, if I do not press anything the N900 boots normally into PR 1.2.
type:
run noloboot

it will boot to Maemo
good luck

Last edited by ryo1st; 2010-11-12 at 16:59.