Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by bluesubaru View Post
OK here is the beginning of the file:

Code:
[ar:Scorpions]
[ti:The Game Of Life]
[Encoding:iso-8859-15]
[00:03.28] THE GAME OF LIFE

[00:05.46]      Klaus Meine, Desmond Child, Mikael Nord Anderson and  Martin Hansen 

Yes, this looks valid. Can you send me this file, so I can check for parsing errors?

Originally Posted by nola mike View Post
1. hardware button control of seeking is great. it isn't working for me though; the time will initially jump forward by about 15 secs, but when you let go of the button it ends up in the same section of the stream that you started in. this is for mp3's. on ogg's it seems to work correctly.
You're right, this doesn't work too well. I'm gooing to improve this.

2. love the scrollbars. in "car" view, i'd still like a fat thumbable seek bar and indicator.
I put it on the TODO list for 0.97.

3. any way to remember what song/playlist was loaded, and where you were in a stream when MB closes, and then revert to that upon opening again?
Not yet, but maybe soon.

4. i haven't played around with it enough yet, but when you open a bookmark, it only loads that file, instead of loading the playlist that that file was a part of?
Yes, bookmarks are only per file.

again, keep up the great work! MB is finally fast enough and robust enough to be my sole music program. oh, is there a change log anywhere? i'm sure there are some new features that i haven't found yet on my own...
You can read the change log at http://mediabox.garage.maemo.org/data/release-notes

Originally Posted by arantius View Post
That "fc" byte must be doing it. It should be a u-umlaut, and indeed "fc" is a u-umlaut, in Windows 1252 encoding. Removing that one file lets the index scan process complete.
Good work on figuring this out!
ID3v1 doesn't know about encodings so MediaBox has to assume an encoding. When converting to UTF-8 for output on screen (Gtk/Gdk/Pango use UTF-8 internally) it may cause trouble.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Yes, this looks valid. Can you send me this file, so I can check for parsing errors?
File attached. Could it be having problems with the name?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Scorpions - 02 - The Game Of Life.zip (1.2 KB, 107 views)

Originally Posted by bluesubaru View Post
File attached. Could it be having problems with the name?
The file name is OK. It's a problem with the text encoding. The encoding got recognized as ISO-8859-15, while it's UTF-16, indeed. Try converting the file to another encoding to make it work. I saved the file in ISO-8859-15 and suddenly it worked.

um i've been messing around with mediatomb and medbiabox... works well however i converted pretty much all my videos to mp4 with mobile media converter (found this produced the best quality without any frameloss) and medbiabox doesn't support mp4's... this confuses me as it uses mplayer.. any suggestions?

You can switch the backend for MP4 to osso-media-server in the preferences viewer.
Maybe this helps with MP4. If MP4s aren't event listed from mediatomb, then maybe mediatomb reports a MIME type for them that isn't recognized by MediaBox.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
I tried mediabox with lrc files and it worked correctly HOWEVER the lyrics were showed in small text box in the bottom side.

I think the lyric should be showed in the central panel and maybe in fullscreen mode.

Other feature necessary is to configure font size, colour and background colour. Music+lrc files are a good to learn languages.

is there a command line options list?
config files?

Thank you

hi
good work with MediaBox.
I have a question: is there a way to play all the music libray randomly? I know can do it with a playlist but I havent find a way to add all the music in my library to one. thanks in advance.

ezmendriz

Originally Posted by daperezg View Post
I tried mediabox with lrc files and it worked correctly HOWEVER the lyrics were showed in small text box in the bottom side.
This is going to change in a future version.

Originally Posted by daperezg View Post
is there a command line options list?
config files?
You can run
Code:
MediaBox -h
to see a list of command line options, but the options in there may change, so don't rely on it. It's a private interface.
Every theme has a *.def config files where fonts and colors are defined.

Tags
fmradio, mediabox, upnp, youtube