Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@JCN
You have to install python first. CallNotify needs it. Look in repository, just search for python.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
@zlatko
Thanks! I installed maemo-python-device-env and now it works!

The Following User Says Thank You to JCN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by JCN View Post
@zlatko
Thanks! I'll add this dependency to the next release.

Running 0.0.9-1. After installing, I tested it and it worked perfectly. After rebooting, it was not working. It would only notify my missed calls.

I had to change settings, save, then undo the changes, and save for it to get back to fully working.

Also I did not need to install maemo-python-device-env for it to work. Never asked me to. Don't know if that is something.

Add: Rebooted again. Works fine without any changing of settings.

May post logs later.

Last edited by ceevee; 2010-04-10 at 08:46.

Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
Running 0.0.9-1. After installing, I tested it and it worked perfectly. After rebooting, it was not working. It would only notify my missed calls.

I had to change settings, save, then undo the changes, and save for it to get back to fully working.

Also I did not need to install maemo-python-device-env for it to work. Never asked me to. Don't know if that is something.
That's strange - If it's working for missed call, it should also work for SMS's, and changing the settings shouldn't matter.

Where you testing it while the conversation app was open? Or did you send an SMS to yourself?

Regarding maemo-python-device-env, you probably had this package from a different app you installed, this is why you didn't need it.

Originally Posted by JCN View Post
@zlatko
I apt-get the maemo-python-device-env - and aperantly I didn't had this package, just installed it.

So I guess the package you were missing was python-runtime, which is a dependency of maemo-python-device-env, and wasn't a dependency for CallNotify.

So I'll add it.
Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
Another request if I may please. Could the vibrate option be set to "Vibrate with profile" so it only vibrates if the main phone profile is set to do so?

This would then fall in line with any profile changes you make on the phone and always how this sort of app has worked on my previous Nokia handsets.

Having set mine to only ring on calls last night (by using Tweakr and setting all the other volumes to 0, with no vibrate) to then be woken by hearing the phone vibrate was a little frustrating.
omeriko9, not sure if you caught this many pages back, but this would be a fantastic addition to your script. It would also allow for a bit more flexibility with the notification settings if it could inherit them from the current profile setting once coupled with a profiling timing app like alarmed or silencer.

Originally Posted by dragon_788 View Post
omeriko9, not sure if you caught this many pages back, but this would be a fantastic addition to your script. It would also allow for a bit more flexibility with the notification settings if it could inherit them from the current profile setting once coupled with a profiling timing app like alarmed or silencer.
@dragon_788 thanks, I thought I did answered that, apparently not.

Regarding Taomyn's offer, to synchronize the vibration and sound with the devices profile - I think it has sense. More needs to be determined on how exactly the device settings will override the CallNotify's settings, but basically it does make sense that if the device is on silence-no-vibrate mode, it shouldn't vibrate.

Before adding any extension to the current app, I prefer to see a stable and working version for the functionalities that currently exists, and only after they are proved to be working well and the app will be in the extras repository, I'll continue adding new features.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
Before adding any extension to the current app, I prefer to see a stable and working version for the functionalities that currently exists, and only after they are proved to be working well and the app will be in the extras repository, I'll continue adding new features.
I agree, it's been a rocky few weeks for this app and well worth waiting a little longer for new additions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
I have 0.0.9-1 installed and it seems to work fine for me. now there is 0.1.0-1 in the app manager and it adds python-runtime, python-pygame and python-bluez as dependencies. I wonder whether these are really necessary?