Notices

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Jolouis, am I the only one that occationally looses the red seconds indicator with version 0.9.6? When the red indicator disapears, the 0 to 60 second scale remains.

Also, please center the "Alarm Off" text on the button, thanks!

Also, please center the date and day of the week on the bottom center button.

Also, please change the text color of ""Night Mode" and "Exit" from white to black.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2009-12-07 at 17:32.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles
After a few days using flip as my bedside alarm clock I can say that it works very good! Great new features; nice finger-friendly gestures; colour choser now with grayscale; etc.

I think that the brightness setting can be even darker when it can be set to '1'. Jolouis explained us that '3' is the lowest setting, but when I used 'Advanced backlight', setting '1' was defenitely darker than seting '3'. would it be possible to change the slider to '1'?

Let me finish with one remark: please remove the background from the 'next theme' button in the flip theme. I see what you want to accomplish here, but it doesn't work for me. It would be nicer when there's text only (and the text nicely spaced in the box).

and finally: I am very eager to see the dixie tube theme back!

Originally Posted by jolouis View Post
Whoaa such an old and wrong version to be trying there! Try the latest Fremantle build from the garage page:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa...ntle_armel.deb
OK, am gonna try momentarily, didn't pay attention to that as that's the version from the feeds, so thought it would be U2D...

Last edited by 白い熊; 2009-12-05 at 19:50.

It runs, big progress.

There is a font issue. When the locale is set to ru_RU it displays garbage where the month and the day name shows.

When wanting to switch to nightmode, segfaults with:
got originalBrightLevel dim: 250
got original dim: 30
No Gconf key for display brightness found!
800 width 480 height
segmentation fault

Every minute segfaults with:
animating frame 0 on digit 3
segmentation fault

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Hey, jolouis, I'm still hoping for that white noise generator or "ambience sound loop"! I hope you're not throwing out the baby with the quantum theory calculator!
jolouis and gerald, taking this idea one step further - how about a silence application that analyses ambient noise (e.g. ac sounds, traffic noise, etc. ) and creates opposite soundwaves to silence it until the alarm rings? this would come in handy in many hotel rooms... these are already available as stand alone appliances. - but of course a more basic version of that, a loop playing wave sounds, white noise, etc. would also be very useful.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by wesgreen View Post
jolouis and gerald, taking this idea one step further - how about a silence application that analyses ambient noise (e.g. ac sounds, traffic noise, etc. ) and creates opposite soundwaves to silence it until the alarm rings? this would come in handy in many hotel rooms... these are already available as stand alone appliances. - but of course a more basic version of that, a loop playing wave sounds, white noise, etc. would also be very useful.
Cool with me if it can be done. Does such an "anti-noise generator" or "noise canceling system" already exist as a computer program that you can just run on your laptop (or tablet or iphone or ... )?

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
I installed flipclock 0.9.5 from the extras-devel repository (on a N810). After uninstalling, tablet animations no longer work (for example, the battery applet). If I install flipclock again animations work.
Still haven't found why. Any hint how to fix?

UPDATE: mistery solved. Icon cache isn't updated on uninstall.
After uninstalling, run "gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor" as root. And, just to be sure everything is properly updated, run "update-desktop-database /usr/share/applications" and "hildon-update-category-database /usr/share/mime" too.

Last edited by maacruz; 2009-12-06 at 13:02.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I was playing a little with Inkscape and managed to make a pretty cool vectorization:

Any idea if it's possible for a skin to have different glyphs for every digit?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by sampieter View Post
and finally: I am very eager to see the dixie tube theme back!
We call it Nixie tube here in California, mybe Dixie tube in Texas.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles
dixie Nixie Schnixie!