Active Topics

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
I own a MintyBoost. This is a Dc-Dc converter which turns 2 AA batteries into 5 volt for a usb port. It gives out about 500-600 mAh. This can be done very small using a Li-ion battery such as the N97 battery which is 1500mAh. I think this would be very nice like a little adon to the N900 until some Battery manufacture invents a battery with better capacity which there is but it is still in early stages. The nano silicon wires technology.

Originally Posted by zikmir View Post
man im a big noob. but i might be able to help.. iv read that all the problem lies in power right ? i have this cable. on one end it connets to the harddisk or any other mini usb device, one end it connets to the computer (in this case aur n900) and the other to a wall charger ! check the picture. if u cant see it, let me know give me ur emale. i will send u.
hope this helps man.
Kind of Frankenstein, would that work?
if so, then could you also possibly connect these together

Power Pack
USB Mini Adapter

Power Splitter

Gender Changer

with the cable that came with the phone?

Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
I'd suggest to rename this thread to "USB HOST MODE! Finally there :-D"

please refer to the thread "[Announce] USB hostmode beta release" and particularly to
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=199 for latest (as of time of this writing) update on hostmode work.

This is a msg to fulfil my promise you'll not miss anything important if you follow on this thread here, and also I recommend to follow that new thread now for most recent updates, as I won't visit this one here on a regular basis anymore

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: