Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I can't support all projects at the same time, others are free to contribute, this doesn't mean the project is "no more"
thats very right, one project at a time
just a small question, what are the projects that you are currently supporting mate ?
big thanks ....

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I can't support all projects at the same time, others are free to contribute, this doesn't mean the project is "no more"
if u are really commit to them try to split the time u expend in them more equally.

most of us think u really stopped developing this. thanks for not dropping it.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
if u are really commit to them try to split the time u expend in them more equally.

most of us think u really stopped developing this. thanks for not dropping it.
Think MAG will decide how he uses his time. He isn't paid from anyone over here, so don't tell him how to work, just say thanks en be grateful . . .

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carlito For This Useful Post:
Hi all. Hacked the entertainment view into a car view, and thought I might share. I had these goals in mind:
* No distraction - keep only the essentials
* Good visibility - Artist/Album/Song readable at a glance in difficult light when shuffling and discovering something new
* Controls (especially next-button) usable without looking

Attached screenshots:
* Default view
* Tap text to hide it and show a clock for privacy:)
* Swipe right-to-left for playlist

If you'd like to try, unpack the tar.gz in /opt/mediaplayer/qml. Be warned that this nukes the default entertainment view:
# root
# cd /opt/mediaplayer/qml
# cp entertainmentview.qml entertainmentview.orig.qml
# tar xzvf /PATHTO/carview.tar.gz

BTW: Hacking those qmls is fun, highly recommended! Just close and open the entertainment view after your edit - no restart needed. Best start mediaplayer in the terminal to see errors and make use of console.log.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: gz carview.tar.gz (3.6 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by paiburio; 2011-07-25 at 17:37. Reason: Added simple clock, removed forgotten debug-code

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to paiburio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Carlito View Post
Think MAG will decide how he uses his time. He isn't paid from anyone over here, so don't tell him how to work, just say thanks en be grateful . . .
i did say thanks and its just an advice, i am not telling him to do it.
it sometimes nice say yes, i am working on this from time to time. especially if u have many projects.
i am software engineer, i dont code, i just direct, if ever stop reporting i would be fired since whole project its on the my shoulders.

one the problems with open source it's there is no commitment. if u are not to commit to it, its better to drop it an give it to someone else.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
i did say thanks and its just an advice, i am not telling him to do it.
it sometimes nice say yes, i am working on this from time to time. especially if u have many projects.
i am software engineer, i dont code, i just direct, if ever stop reporting i would be fired since whole project its on the my shoulders.

one the problems with open source it's there is no commitment. if u are not to commit to it, its better to drop it an give it to someone else.
Exactly, it's your job, it's his spare time. Period.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carlito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Perth, WA, Australia
I'm looking forward to trying this out! I've tried many different media programs on my phone but they're all not quite right somehow - too fiddly to use, unstable, or (as in the case of Instinctiv) needing an internet connection or it locks up trying to find album art.

But one thing that instinctiv does well is it's modified ("instinctive") shuffle mode. If you skip a song it is less likely to 'randomly' choose a similar song later on. It I'm not sure how it works but i imagine if you skip a song it assigns that song's genre a point, and biases the random selection to the genres with the lowest points. Something like that.

Anyway great work!

I'm trying to compile latest version of mediaplayer from gitorious.

I type in scratchbox :

qmake mediaplayer.pro

He said i need to set Qt Creator path but i don't use Qt Creator.

Anyone has a solution ?

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to bsdmaniak For This Useful Post:
I find a solution.

1. install libqt4-dev package in scratchbox :
fakeroot apt-get install libqt4-dev
2. Add this line in external-includepaths.pro
QTCREATORINSTALLPATH=/usr/local
3. Change scratchbox's target
sb-conf select FREMANTLE_ARMEL
4. Compile Media Player
qmake mediaplayer.pro
make

Last edited by bsdmaniak; 2011-07-27 at 23:26.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
You could just take out the include(external-includepaths.pro) line in the .pro file.
I'll change it to warning() rather than error() later.

CepiPerez, I've went over the patch, it just needs some de-maemo-ification (like hardocded paths (/home/user)) and some layout changes (so it matches the coding style), as well as some variable name changes and I'll send it "upstream", major thanks for it

Anyway, here's a binary for those interested
http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/mediaplayer_cepiperez

Code:
wget http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/mediaplayer_cepiperez -O /usr/local/bin/mediaplayer
replaces the one installed from the first post.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse