Active Topics

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Great job on getting power-kernel v49 down to extras testing Pali!!!

I'm dying to know how you managed to get the packages finally 'unstuck' from the devel repo?
All the old packages were basically purged by the repo maintainer. Check in "Ask the Council!" thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by xes View Post
@freemangordon
Just completed the test.
Standard "dsp" profile is working perfectly with video recording at the bigger resolution.

The "DSPMMU FAULT" appears as soon you enable the "850:60,600" profile.
(so anyone using a frequency bigger than 805 should reduce the maximum freq...)

In my opinion, the difference of voltage calculated for profile 805 and profile 850 is too small (also considering the speed of dsp 520-600)

Locking to 805:520:
cat /sys/power/vdd1_opp /sys/power/sr_vdd1_voltage

Locking to 850:600:

Setting:
echo 250 > /sys/power/sr_vdd1_dsp_boost

The crash is delayed of some second but appears every time.
And:

remains unchanged

So the only solution at this moment is to limit at 805:520.
DSP boost is only applied when DSP is active, so you should check the values while playng a video for example. BTW now I see that most probably it is my fault that DSP crashes on your device, tonight I will double-check how I am applying the boost voltage and what is the initial voltage when DSP is enabled.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
@panjgoori
Read first post, SR is recalculated for sane frequencies only, i.e up to 900 mhz.

By the way, You're on nice way to kill your device, permanently. 1150 is *not* sane frequency.

/Estel
thanks for ur reply. i was just checking it. my device is totally stable at 950 mhz when SR is enabled. thanks for ur reply.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
Where can I find the kernel-power-settings 0.13 package?
It is not present in the repo.

Originally Posted by mase View Post
Where can I find the kernel-power-settings 0.13 package?
It is not present in the repo.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA kernel-power-settings is not in repository! Problem not fixed...

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
I would say that BH-903 is the same on all KP and Stock.
I have no experince of BH-214 on stock kernel, but some say it works flawless but that might be myth.
Concerning the Nokia BH-214 headset: I have installed KP49 twice and removed it twice after encountering the problems reported by toxaris in post 2650. On my device, the headset works perfectly on the stock PR 1.3 kernel.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by zerox View Post
Concerning the Nokia BH-214 headset: I have installed KP49 twice and removed it twice after encountering the problems reported by toxaris in post 2650. On my device, the headset works perfectly on the stock PR 1.3 kernel.
Disconnect issue is fixed in the kernel from here

Is there anything else not working as it should?

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Disconnect issue is fixed in the kernel from here

Is there anything else not working as it should?
Jepp the disconnect problems are fixed but play/pause button does not work.
I will dig in to it deeper tonight. I will try the HS with another phone to check that the HS isnt broken.

Edit.
I have tryed my girlfriends BH-214 and I can confirm that the Play/Pause button works with this HS.
There must be some hardwareproblems with the first BH-212 I tested, acutally I got work for about 1 out of 10 pushes on Play/Pause. Its the same one bahavour on my E71 also.
Problem solved I guess

Great work Freeman.

Last edited by toxaris; 2012-01-31 at 19:05.

Originally Posted by pali View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA kernel-power-settings is not in repository! Problem not fixed...
I pushed kernel-power-settings again and now is in extras-testing:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...settings/0.13/

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by zerox View Post
When you got K49, did you also get kernel-modules? I ask because sometimes multi-function devices like this show up literally as a dual device, one for audio and one as an "aux keyboard" or such.

Try this: On stock kernel, do an lsmod when BH-214 is not connected. Then connect it and do another, diff the two outputs. It should be loading at least one, maybe up to 3, kernel modules. Minimally, if the modules are already loaded, it should show a link-count increase from the device activly linking into it. Then repeat this on K49. It could be as simple as a missing module, or something not loading correctly.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou