Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by titan View Post
it's in debian/patches/overclock.diff
I don't understand what you mean with "in testing I am limited by stock kernel module set"
I can't insert any changes which require a new /lib/module.
For exam - extension of common structures.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by titan View Post
it's in debian/patches/overclock.diff
Which web site or which package is it?

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Been using Lehto's 250-800(1000) ulv kernel at 1000mhz for past few days. Zero issues so far.
(except that it reverts back to 800mhz after a phone call. Hence I got a "button" to reset it.)

Here's my screenshot:

If you want to know how I got some stuff to show like that on my desktop, check here.
thats kinda cool!!
i was wandering how make it overclock at a button push!

ive set another one up to "start kernel-maemo" so will clock max back down to 850 and set the min back to 500 after a phone call!!

Ok guy please don't jump on me about this question. Im not sure if there is somthing wrong with my phone or maybe the usb port. I did alot of searching but couldn't find a solution. I tried flashing by xterminal and also tried flashing by pc but it doesn't do anything. Far as xterminal type

sudo gainroot
then i type softupd -vv -s --local
then it reply wait for message
I then type flasher --local -f -k <kernel_zimage_1000mhz>
Since that the verision i want. I renamed it to this so it would be simplier for me to type the command and yes it is in the MyDocs folder but nothing happens.

I also tried flashing through the pc using 3.5 flasher. But when i plug in the usb with my phone off while holding u i dont think anything is happening. I can barely see the Nokia logo along with the usb symbol on the top right because the backlight doesnt come on but u can see it on the screen as long as your in a lit area. Not sure if thats the way it suppose to look so i type the flasher command into the flasher terminal on my pc anyways. Still nothing happen. Phone doesnt reboot or anything.
So im not sure what wring my device. I tried using the factory bin and also the vanilla bin but couldn't get anything to work.

But the crazy thing is that i can flash using the fiasco command provided by

http://maemobriefs.blogspot.com/2010...00s-via-x.html.

Im using the 900mhz but really not sure if i wanna use this because im not sure what the mhz for the dsp is and also read on the forum that its better to have the minium mhz set to 250 instead of 125 because of gitches. Its working fine but wanted to use lehto's 1000mhz because of the settings.

I'm not sure what to do now because I don't know if I can flash back to the factory setting and try titan's version because it state that the pmconf has to be factory. I also wanted to make sure I can flash back because of I'm not sure if i can get the PR 1.2 update.

I also tried reverting back to the original kernel by typing
sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall kernel kernel-flasher
The first time I did it, slowed down my phone incredibly. Any app I click literally took like 10sec to open. I ran the revert command again and is not experiencing that problem anymore. But then I went to Conky to see my Mhz and it still goes up to 900mhz and drops down to 125mhz which I know is not the factory kernel.

Someone pease help me with this.

Someone please help.

How can you add a tag to this thread? :P

BTW, this thread gets bigger and bigger every second. Thanks alot to those updating the wiki

just a quick question, if i was using the xperimental XLV titan kernel (250-800) before, then i updated to 22 via application manager extras-devel repository.

qn: how do i know that the voltages in the new kernel are using what i wanted? i would like to set the kernel to use the lowest possible voltage (XLV), how do i set that? (from what i've read from titan's post, i create the kernel-maemo script in etc/event-d/?)

if so, how do i create the etc/event.d/kernel-maemo script? no experience with coding/linux whatsoever. i know how to edit a file using leafpad from x-term, that's about it.

sorry i'm not too proficient with this, just following the overclocking wiki as close as i can.

Last edited by thelushlife; 2010-04-14 at 02:30.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by luckylefty View Post
Ok guy please don't jump on me about this question. Im not sure if there is somthing wrong with my phone or maybe the usb port. I did alot of searching but couldn't find a solution. I tried flashing by xterminal and also tried flashing by pc but it doesn't do anything. Far as xterminal type

sudo gainroot
then i type softupd -vv -s --local
then it reply wait for message
I then type flasher --local -f -k <kernel_zimage_1000mhz>
Since that the verision i want. I renamed it to this so it would be simplier for me to type the command and yes it is in the MyDocs folder but nothing happens.

I also tried flashing through the pc using 3.5 flasher. But when i plug in the usb with my phone off while holding u i dont think anything is happening. I can barely see the Nokia logo along with the usb symbol on the top right because the backlight doesnt come on but u can see it on the screen as long as your in a lit area. Not sure if thats the way it suppose to look so i type the flasher command into the flasher terminal on my pc anyways. Still nothing happen. Phone doesnt reboot or anything.
So im not sure what wring my device. I tried using the factory bin and also the vanilla bin but couldn't get anything to work.

But the crazy thing is that i can flash using the fiasco command provided by

http://maemobriefs.blogspot.com/2010...00s-via-x.html.

Im using the 900mhz but really not sure if i wanna use this because im not sure what the mhz for the dsp is and also read on the forum that its better to have the minium mhz set to 250 instead of 125 because of gitches. Its working fine but wanted to use lehto's 1000mhz because of the settings.

I'm not sure what to do now because I don't know if I can flash back to the factory setting and try titan's version because it state that the pmconf has to be factory. I also wanted to make sure I can flash back because of I'm not sure if i can get the PR 1.2 update.

I also tried reverting back to the original kernel by typing
sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall kernel kernel-flasher
The first time I did it, slowed down my phone incredibly. Any app I click literally took like 10sec to open. I ran the revert command again and is not experiencing that problem anymore. But then I went to Conky to see my Mhz and it still goes up to 900mhz and drops down to 125mhz which I know is not the factory kernel.

Someone pease help me with this.

Someone please help.
if really is in my docs, try "flasher --local -f -k /home/user/MyDocs/(zImage or the exact file name)

you should be 100% sure that the file is really in mydocs.

Can someone with the stock version installed or unmodified N900, do "uname -a" command on xterm for me please? My device shows an unknow device's processor. I would like to confirm whether it is ok or not.

My is shown as:
Linux Nokia-N900-42-11 2.6.28.10maemo-omap1 #1 PREEMPT Tue Apr 13 10:48:47 EEST 2010 armv7l unknown

Thanks

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
if really is in my docs, try "flasher --local -f -k /home/user/MyDocs/(zImage or the exact file name)

you should be 100% sure that the file is really in mydocs.
Still does nothing.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Is there going to be a wiki explaining all this about maemo22? Maybe with examples.. the current wiki does not say much about it. I would have done it if i understood this better but i don't.

Or are we waiting for the script and config to be more tested before? or when a gui will surface?

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom