I use CSSU Thumb sicne day one when it was released and it works ok for me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
working perfectly for me buh it seems not to support custom operator name applet and widget...besides that...great work...keep d flame burning......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harry_e20000 For This Useful Post:
As I mentioned in the gcc-4.6 thread, I've built scratchbox toolchains for the Maemo5 SDK based on Linaro 4.6/7-2012.06, they're available here:

http://www.snewbury.org.uk/maemo/lin...armv7a.tar.bz2
and
http://www.snewbury.org.uk/maemo/lin...armv7a.tar.bz2

Just unpack into "/scratchbox/compilers", and they'll appear in the list when setting up a target.

This should make it much easier to setup a CSSU-thumb SDK with a modern toolchain, since the previous gcc-4.6 toolchain had some issues, particularly with libfakeroot.

Additionally the Linaro versions are reputedly much better at generating ARM code than mainline GCC.

Last edited by zeq; 2012-06-25 at 13:26.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to zeq For This Useful Post:
would be nice to see some comparisons of apps compiled with freemangordans existing compiler and the linaro one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Hi all! My very first post in maemo.org! Well, it's been 6 months that I have n900 and I kept having a look around trying to keep this thing always up to date.
So, I had KP50 installed, I restored Nokia original kernel and then updated to CSSU-thumb2. Everything is working fine until now, but I had only few hours testing.
I wanted to ask just a question: as I saw on the first page that kernel-config v14 is not supported, is there another way to overclock the device? I feel a bit limited working only at 600Mhz.

Btw, I'm a total noob in this matter. I can be only a tester, reporting crashes and so on.

Thanks for your work!!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ghitly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Wait for a new release or hack the package yourself.
1.Extract the package from this page http://repository.maemo.org/extras-t...0.14_armel.deb to some empty folder, named 'kernel-power-settings_0.14.0-dirty',
2.Change to the ' DEBIAN'-folder inside the extracted content and edit the 'control'-file with nano or leafpad,
3.Go to the Depends line and remove the 'kernel-power...' part or replace it with the corresponding names for kernel-cssu packages,
4.Open your X-Terminal and change to the directory, that contains the 'kernel-power-settings_0.14.0-dirty' folder,
Code:
dpkg-deb -b kernel-power-settings_0.14.0-dirty
Install the package

Last edited by michaaa62; 2012-06-26 at 06:28.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Performance does seem quite a bit better with the newer compilers, no hard numbers yet, and we can't yet standardise on linaro-4.7 (which has a lot of NEON code generation improvements) until a bug that's preventing qt4 from being built is fixed.

Hopefully, with the enhanced performance, people will see less need to overclock and can get a bit more life out of their prized devices.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to zeq For This Useful Post:
I've put up a mainline gcc-4.6.3 build on the server now too. We'll probably be using this for CSSU-thumb for at least a couple of weeks since there are separate bugs in both Linaro compilers preventing qt4 from building successfully, and I think we may as well jump straight to 4.7 once it's proven to work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zeq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Wait for a new release or hack the package yourself.
1.Extract the package from this page http://repository.maemo.org/extras-t...0.14_armel.deb to some empty folder, named 'kernel-power-settings_0.14.0-dirty',
2.Change to the ' DEBIAN'-folder inside the extracted content and edit the 'control'-file with nano or leafpad,
3.Go to the Depends line and remove the 'kernel-power...' part or replace it with the corresponding names for kernel-cssu packages,
4.Open your X-Terminal and change to the directory, that contains the 'kernel-power-settings_0.14.0-dirty' folder,
Code:
dpkg-deb -b kernel-power-settings_0.14.0-dirty
Install the package
Seems hazardous, but I could give a try. Afak, it's just a configuration file I can then remove using FAM (or atp-get in case), or am I totally wrong?
Btw, I read a guy writing somewhere in the internets that changing dependencies will invoke Godzilla to burn my device down! Worth the risk.

Did it. changed the dependencies from kernel-power-flasher to kernel-cssu-flasher and the same for the bootimg, repacked and installed. Everything working until now (dsp enabled, overclock to 900 with smartreflex on).
I didn't notice a sudden change (like I noticed after having installed cssu-thumb). I didn't do any benchmark test, so I'm not really aware of the improved useability.

ps: maybe overclocking it's not this complex as it seems to me and the thread starter will find my experience useless (or maybe not).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghitly For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life