Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by ivnvir View Post
any chance of tasks syncing?
Very slim chances, unfortunately (at least for the moment).

The problem is that there's no official API from Google to retrieve tasks...

http://code.google.com/p/gdata-issue.../detail?id=987

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
doesn't work in my case, it crashes saying there's a bug (trace attached)
Attached Files
File Type: txt erminig_trace.txt (2.6 KB, 116 views)

Originally Posted by cipper View Post
doesn't work in my case, it crashes saying there's a bug (trace attached)
This is a known bug, and it has been fixed in version 0.2.1 to be released by the end of this weekend.

thanks

Is it possible to install just this package without adding the extras-devel repository?

Originally Posted by olithered View Post
Is it possible to install just this package without adding the extras-devel repository?
Yes, but why?

You will then have to install manually all the dependencies.

If you are afraid of updating/installing unwanted unstable software, you can proceed the following way:

- add extras-devel to the repositories list
- DON'T install any update it may propose
- install erminig-ng
- deactivate immediately extras-devel repository.

Erminig-ng will not pull in other unstable/devel packages; only stuff from extras...

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Yes, but why?
In order not to update other extras packages to unstable versions. Or have I misunderstood?

Thanks very much for the suggestion of disabling the repo afterwards!

Originally Posted by olithered View Post
In order not to update other extras packages to unstable versions. Or have I misunderstood?

Thanks very much for the suggestion of disabling the repo afterwards!
OK, I understand. When adding the extras-devel repos, just say no to any update, and you should be fine...

Hi Lorelei!

I'm glad to see Erminig getting better and better. I can't await the 0.2.1 release - I think with all the bugs fixed I could start to use it on everyday base with my real calendar. Many thanks for the work!

I saw that there is no tracker issue about the recurring events. Do you want me to create one or is this issue an obvious one? Is the target for that issue still 0.2.1?

BTW, how do you handle the exceptions in the recurring events on google side? AFAIK, the maemo calendar does not support exception now, which is a sad thing...

Hi,

Originally Posted by petibub View Post
I saw that there is no tracker issue about the recurring events. Do you want me to create one or is this issue an obvious one? Is the target for that issue still 0.2.1?
no need to create a tracker issue for that one: it's so big that I will remember it no matter what Unfortunately I cannot target recurring events for 0.2.1 (please see my next post for the reasons why)

BTW, how do you handle the exceptions in the recurring events on google side? AFAIK, the maemo calendar does not support exception now, which is a sad thing...
It's correct that maemo calendar doesn't support exceptions, but there's a field for them, and even API calls to create exceptions! I haven't thought about which strategy to adopt in those cases...food for thought

Hmm, ..."two-way synchronization Google Calendar <-> Fremantle Calendar"... sound like a good apps, unfortunately never like to share with stuff with Google. No way... that is why i don't pick Andriod :P

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization