Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Well, I want me one of those Nokia 9000s with the Graphical LCD. I can't get enough of the clamshell form factor.
I (not jokingly) want a clamshell form factor.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
SHHHHHHHHISH!
No, YOU!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mr. Buchanan,

The tablets are far from dead. This is not speculation, this is fact. Nokia has already clearly stated that there will be not just one, but at least TWO more successors to the NXXX line.

From what I can gather, they'll be announcing the next one in a couple of weeks in Berlin, where Nokia is sponsoring a "Summit" for the Internet Tablet community.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Seems a joke today but the 9000 was an awesome convergence tool at those times. I was online and enjoyed www browsing, email, telnet and ftp pretty everywhere at the equivalent of today's 4.5 eurocents/minute - plus I could send and receive telefax pages natively, and keep all my PIM stuff.
Now I crave a clamshell design as that on the NIT with 3/4G - possibly with metal hinges like those of the e90 (the hinges of the other communicators where too prone to break after few months of nerdish almost compulsively continuous use :-)

Last edited by debernardis; 2008-09-04 at 05:42.

*cough*

'Scuse me.

Close, but that doesn't have 3/4g either. (And isn't available yet. )

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The clamshell, while a very useful design, screams 1997 to me. Sometimes you want the screen but you don't want the keyboard; I like the N810's slide-out design for this reason.

(PS: debernardis, "awful" means terrible, perhaps you meant "awesome"?)

The question about Pandora is: will their specs look impressive when they actually start production?

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I fear clamshells due to their hinges breaking (happened to a friend). Never happened to me though, but it's a constant fear. I even fear for my Nintendo DS sometimes (though then again it's Nintendo hardware which I've never had trouble with and their customer service is pretty good).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Close, but that doesn't have 3/4g either. (And isn't available yet. )
Perfect for me... it should have wifi and bt.. which means I can have 3G and 4G.. or even 5G and beyond. I'm not stuck that way.

Sure, but it ain't "convergence" ala anthonybuchanan/debernardis. That's all.

(And I think I've made it clear I don't want either; I want some sort of slot/backpack/other module available so it's not fragile like an external USB port, nor interference prone like BT, nor yet limiting and soon-obsolete like built-in.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
The dude puts the N96 on the grass in the blazing sun. I wonder if it's waterproof?

Tags
troll